Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like a pretty good land, even though it's missing what's probably their premier attraction, RotR. Reviews though, from fans and social media alike, seem to be all over the place. If I remember correctly, it seems Pandora received a stronger overall enthusiasm and satisfaction response when it originally opened. Of course, they had the good sense to open the land with both attractions open, & FOP surely carried the day for the entire land. Enthusiasm for Pandora seems to have waned a bit with later guests and repeat trips, mostly because the land itself is missing significant entertainment and things to do, but the initial reaction was a pretty loved one. .

Reactions: SeventyOne
This thread gets worse and worse by the day.
So much over reaction from people that haven’t even visited and believed it was “doomed” from the start. Get over yourselves, this land is going to be a huge win for Disney and theme park fans in general.

You’re knighting up pretty hard for a land you haven’t visited, either. Other than the “backfired” comment, seems critiques have been grounded.

I just think they made a big mistake in not waiting for the second attraction to open. Assuming it really is as good as the hype, it could have improved all the reviews I've seen so far.

Reactions: Nick and Brian G.
One thing that surprised me was the Disneyland hotels having last minute availability. With a one night stay getting you admission to the land with limited crowds? It should have been fully booked up once the details were released.

Looks like a pretty good land, even though it's missing what's probably their premier attraction, RotR. Reviews though, from fans and social media alike, seem to be all over the place. If I remember correctly, it seems Pandora received a stronger overall enthusiasm and satisfaction response when it originally opened. Of course, they had the good sense to open the land with both attractions open, & FOP surely carried the day for the entire land. Enthusiasm for Pandora seems to have waned a bit with later guests and repeat trips, mostly because the land itself is missing significant entertainment and things to do, but the initial reaction was a pretty loved one. .

It helps that everyone had rather low expectations for Avatar...

Reactions: Joel
I just think they made a big mistake in not waiting for the second attraction to open. Assuming it really is as good as the hype, it could have improved all the reviews I've seen so far.
I hope there is nothing... AAAAbsolutely nothing negative to say about ROTR or this site is going down :lol:

Reactions: youhow2
I'm wandering, that with the somewhat unexpected mixed responses, they might decide to open RotR sooner rather than later. Seems the technical issues were more of an excuse to milk a double opening than anything else.

Reactions: Scott W.
You know how everyone talks about how big of a disaster Gringott's opening day/week/month was? That's right, they don't. They fixed the issues and the land is a huge success. Assuming RotR is everything people hope it is, and they get everything up and running, no one will be talking about this in a couple years.

You know how everyone talks about how big of a disaster Gringott's opening day/week/month was? That's right, they don't. They fixed the issues and the land is a huge success. Assuming RotR is everything people hope it is, and they get everything up and running, no one will be talking about this in a couple years.
Yeah but ROTR being great and exceeding is not going to make things like The falcon or blue and green milk or alleged lack of entertainment any better. Until they adjust you can expect those issues to continue being talked about in two years if no change is implemented (especially on this website lol). There's still videos on YouTube of people crying on opening day of Diagon Alley that didn't even get to ride gringotts. It was veeery different! The reactions were night and day almost.

It's a shame they limited themselves to just the current films universe. I would have loved to have seen a full sized Jabba the hut anamatronic.

Weirdly they don't seem to get the power of nostalga on this occasion.

Way back before we had any details about what the land would be, my Blue Sky/armchair Imagineering dark horse candidate for an attraction was a massive dark ride through Jabba’s palace and dungeons, complete with full-sized Jabba and Rancor animatronics (among others).

I still think a dark ride featuring a lot of creatures should be the first thing Disney turns to if/when they feel they need to expand the land.

Yeah but ROTR being great and exceeding is not going to make things like The falcon or blue and green milk or alleged lack of entertainment any better. Until they adjust you can expect those issues to continue being talked about in two years if no change is implemented (especially on this website lol). There's still videos on YouTube of people crying on opening day of Diagon Alley that didn't even get to ride gringotts. It was veeery different! The reactions were night and day almost.

You really think everything in the land is the same as it will be in 2 years? They won't tweak anything? Come on man.

You really think everything in the land is the same as it will be in 2 years? They won't tweak anything? Come on man.
Sure the milk situation and entertainment are easy fixes, but do you think that they're gonna rework the falcon because of these mixy reviews? Cuz you're kidding yourself if you think so in two years time.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Sure the milk situation and entertainment are easy fixes, but do you think that they're gonna rework the falcon because of these mixy reviews? Cuz you're kidding yourself if you think so in two years time.
I dunno, more randomization and several different missions would be neat. Fundamental flaws aside, I’m a sucker for re-ridability, so hoping they add new missions to keep it fresh.

Reactions: Nick and fryoj

Opening an E-ticket next to it will have a huge effect of people's opinions. And like Alicia said, randomization helps. Can they make it "the best ride ever"? No, but I don't think it was ever supposed to be that. If in two years they have a top level E-ticket, have daily entertainment, have the food and drink settled, and the biggest criticism is that the 2nd ride in the land is "mixy" I'd call that a successful land.

I don't think anyone wanted to believe "Star Wars Land" would be anything but awesome.
Opening an E-ticket next to it will have a huge effect of people's opinions. And like Alicia said, randomization helps. Can they make it "the best ride ever"? No, but I don't think it was ever supposed to be that. If in two years they have a top level E-ticket, have daily entertainment, have the food and drink settled, and the biggest criticism is that the 2nd ride in the land is "mixy" I'd call that a successful land.

Considering the IP, they should've tried to make the best ride ever.

Also the lack of the "gun pit"... That's pretty unforgivable imo.

But see i dont hear people complaining about the mission though, (only the graphics) but that is not even a huge complaint I've seen, its the practicality of the design of the cockpit that give it yes "mixy" reviews. But the stigma is People feel left out after getting off of this this thing if they're not piloting and not only is it a bad representation of the real falcon, its not as great an experience for anyone besides the pilots and that's that. But if i could apply your logic in a different scenario, fop in pandora makes navi better? That's not true There and wont be here, a little less forgiving yes, huge effect no.

And yesss @youhow2 yess! Thankyou^^

Last edited: