Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no I wasn't comparing JP Coaster to Hagrid's in terms of level of theming. Im sure JP will have a nice themed area though, more so than other coasters. And 2 show scenes is 2 more than most coasters in general have. I guess my point is its there just enough to make the experience more unique and I really appreciate that aspect of some of Universal's coasters, along with the Mummy as well.

I feel like this roller coaster is going to be heavily themed for a coaster with a top hat and inversions. I feel like the queue will be at least F&F queue quality if they decide not to do animatronics in the line. Leaving the loading dock, the turn into the raptor cage will be themed especially if the rumor is true about it having a bridge across the walking path to a permanent raptor encounter. I imagine we would at least see two raptor heads here before being launched. Riding in, around, and over rocks in an area enclosed by trees on two sides and a building on the remaining perimeter seems very themed to me. With the amount of money supposedly being used for rock work further substantiates that the first half of the ride will be amazing. Maybe then we go through the building It would be nice if this is somehow seen in the queue, but probably not. The last half will be less themed, but there will be a nice water effect supposedly.

I was not happy with all the trees being cut down, but I am beginning to change my opinion about this ride, especially if they meet the rumors for the first half of the ride. Really hope more news of construction fills this thread really soon!!

I feel like this roller coaster is going to be heavily themed for a coaster with a top hat and inversions. I feel like the queue will be at least F&F queue quality if they decide not to do animatronics in the line. Leaving the loading dock, the turn into the raptor cage will be themed especially if the rumor is true about it having a bridge across the walking path to a permanent raptor encounter. I imagine we would at least see two raptor heads here before being launched. Riding in, around, and over rocks in an area enclosed by trees on two sides and a building on the remaining perimeter seems very themed to me. With the amount of money supposedly being used for rock work further substantiates that the first half of the ride will be amazing. Maybe then we go through the building It would be nice if this is somehow seen in the queue, but probably not. The last half will be less themed, but there will be a nice water effect supposedly.

I was not happy with all the trees being cut down, but I am beginning to change my opinion about this ride, especially if they meet the rumors for the first half of the ride. Really hope more news of construction fills this thread really soon!!

Yep, this is what Im feeling exactly! I think this ride is gonna be a hell of a time

Hogsmeade/Diagon gave us the false illusion that Universal is trying to go neck and neck with Disney. They simply aren't at Disney's level in terms of money, attendance, or scale. Nothing they do can top what Disney has the potential to do, simply because of ROI. At least not yet. Once park 3 opens, it's game on. But until that day, you can't look at them responding 1:1 to Disney.
In the meantime, we get fantastic additions like VB and Hagrid's which are certainly no slouches and yield fantastic returns for UOR. But Disney will simply yield a bigger hammer until UOR gets another park and (more importantly) more on-site rooms.

I mean... not really. But ok. It's easy to look at SWGE and then we forget things like small refurbs and TSL are the basic mission objective for Disney for a long time (and appears for awhile longer).

I mean... not really. But ok. It's easy to look at SWGE and then we forget things like small refurbs and TSL are the basic mission objective for Disney for a long time (and appears for awhile longer).

Yes, really. One only has to look at the hotels Disney is bringing on vs Universal's. One is a locals-heavy park and the other, for all intended purposes, is completely focused on destination tourism. Hell, you still can't get airport transportation through Universal without a full vacation package that includes their meal plan, and even then it's $30-40/person. They're in a totally different league and it's unfair to treat them as such. There is no 1:1 comparison and it's borderline lunacy to view them as equals.

So yes, a JW retheme will do just what it needs to do to get enough of the spotlight during WDWs 50th. It certainly doesn't need to go head to head against it and it's hilarious to suggest that it should.

Again, until park 3 comes online w/ its hotels. Then we can have that conversation.

Yes, really. One only has to look at the hotels Disney is bringing on vs Universal's. One is a locals-heavy park and the other, for all intended purposes, is completely focused on destination tourism. Hell, you still can't get airport transportation through Universal without a full vacation package that includes their meal plan, and even then it's $30-40/person. They're in a totally different league and it's unfair to treat them as such. There is no 1:1 comparison and it's borderline lunacy to view them as equals.

So yes, a JW retheme will do just what it needs to do to get enough of the spotlight during WDWs 50th. It certainly doesn't need to go head to head against it and it's hilarious to suggest that it should.

Again, until park 3 comes online w/ its hotels. Then we can have that conversation.
Yes. Competitions/comparisons in appropriate scale. With Disney at 55 million plus guests vs. Universal apx. 21 million, Universal only needs to do enough to hold onto their market percentage, which doesn't have to equal Disney's investment outlay. Kind of what they're doing in Hollywood. JP refurb and SLOP don't come anywhere near GESWL in totality, but they should be enough for Hollywood to keep, or slightly extend, their guest count. A complete Orlando JP to JW land conversion will probably be enough to maintain Universal's attendance through the MK 50th. Plus, Disney will bring more visitors into the Orlando market & Universal will be able to feed off of that increased traffic, just like Disney fed off of Potter when they weren't building much in the way of new attractions. Universal just needs to do enough to create a marketing buzz. I think JW would do the trick.

I always love reading the Disney vs Universal threads...

But on the coaster, this is the one that should have been the motorcycle coaster. Ride with Owen through the woods chasing/being chased by raptors. But I can't imagine them having two motorcycle coasters next to each other. Plus the whole inversion thing on a motorcycle coaster might be problematic.

But on the coaster, this is the one that should have been the motorcycle coaster. Ride with Owen through the woods chasing/being chased by raptors. But I can't imagine them having two motorcycle coasters next to each other. Plus the whole inversion thing on a motorcycle coaster might be problematic.
I get what you're saying, but Hagrid makes too much sense as a motorcycle RV and for the JW coaster they want it to be more thrilling. The motorcycle RVs are limiting on how thrilling a coaster can actually be (can't go upside down, etc).

How would a motorbike even make sense on this coaster? Hagrid’s flies with magic. Are we supposed to believe JP/JW has flying bikes now?

How would a motorbike even make sense on this coaster? Hagrid’s flies with magic. Are we supposed to believe JP/JW has flying bikes now?
Pretty sure he was thinking of this:
41b.gif

From a guest standpoint, it's probably confusing to have both.

Yeah. True. I can see that.

Snorting some serious pixie dust?? Lol just kidding

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.