Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Men in Black International

Saw it last night, kinda dragged to it, but actually I really liked it!

Nobody needed another MIB movie and I think franchise fatigue (this franchise anyway) and the lack of the original stars is what killed all interest. It's a shame because it's a million times better than the recent Ghostbusters and it's better than MIB 2 IMO.
I thought it was awesome! :D

I finally watched this tonight and thought it was a pretty enjoyable movie, even though the twist was way too easy to predict. But what really sucked to me and is a major strike against the film was that all the aliens were CGI. Gone were the awesome Rick Baker creatures from the first two films. I feel as betrayed as Middle-Earth fans were when they first got a glimpse of the Orcs in Peter Jackson's Hobbit movies.

Keeping Danny Elfman as the composer was a nice sweetener though.

Caught this on Starz a couple weeks ago and was flabbergasted at how flat and awful it was. Sony can't seem to build a successful blockbuster to save their lives, Jumanji being the exception to the rule. Sounds like production was a disaster, which shows in the final result.

Caught this on Starz a couple weeks ago and was flabbergasted at how flat and awful it was. Sony can't seem to build a successful blockbuster to save their lives, Jumanji being the exception to the rule. Sounds like production was a disaster, which shows in the final result.
Your point is further proven by the fact that Uncharted is being seen as a potential tentpole for Sony (which don't get me wrong, i'd love for that to happen), but the odds are not in favor of a movie like that considering that video game adaptations generally tend to fail or aren't received well by audiences.

Your point is further proven by the fact that Uncharted is being seen as a potential tentpole for Sony (which don't get me wrong, i'd love for that to happen), but the odds are not in favor of a movie like that considering that video game adaptations generally tend to fail or aren't received well by audiences.

I've seen how their sausage gets made firsthand. Even if the script is good (and it probably isn't), they'll find a way to water it down into story soup.