Men in Black International | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Men in Black International

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The recent GHOSTBUSTERS would have been just as bad if it had starred four guys (or some other mixture in between) but still been written the same. It's simply chronically unfunny on a script level, and even the kind of humor it does attempt does not in any way feel of-a-piece with the very dry, deadpan humor of the first two GBs.

I am not concerned about a similar problem with the new MIB.

I don't want to keep sidetracking this thread with Ghostbusters but their official social media accounts were moderating legitimate criticism but leaving up nasty comments. That nastiness tends to attract more of the same. In some ways the studio was provoking it to draw up more buzz around the movie, which ended up backfiring. It's unfortunate that those very talented people in the production were thrust upon the controversy.

I would be saddened to say farewell to the World's Expo and the Universe and You, but it is pretty dated. Modernizing the show building and some of the ride would be cool.

In my mind, the actual ride can stay mostly the same - maybe update the background to take place in London instead of NYC (someone mentioned something similar I think - sorry, I forgot who!), but otherwise the track and mechanism is fine.

Except make it easier to max out please.
It was probably me :) Also, the broken sensors, aliens (what happened to that bug in a trash can near the scanner?!), effects, zappers, exhaust ports, and bugs, need to be fixed :)

Reactions: truejonas
I don't want to keep sidetracking this thread with Ghostbusters but their official social media accounts were moderating legitimate criticism but leaving up nasty comments. That nastiness tends to attract more of the same. In some ways the studio was provoking it to draw up more buzz around the movie, which ended up backfiring. It's unfortunate that those very talented people in the production were thrust upon the controversy.

when that came out, on youtube i had said the movie was kinda boring and the jokes were lame and they deleted that post, but all the horrible posts were left intact :ack::ack:

Reactions: tankart150

Du3OcnYUwAAp6td.jpg

Don't get why the trailer is getting so many dislikes. It looks great!

im seeing a lot of comparisons to this movie as well as ghostbusters
a lot of people disliked this movie. it kinda feels similar.

Reactions: tankart150
im seeing a lot of comparisons to this movie as well as ghostbusters
a lot of people disliked this movie. it kinda feels similar.

Some of the weapons in the new trailer almost look too terrestrial and realistic.
One of the guns reminds me of the Honey Badger assault rifle in Call of Duty: Ghosts.

One of the reasons why MIB is so AWESOME in the first place is the presence of alien technology :D

Dang. I mean, I didn't think it would be the box office hit the studio thought it would be, but I figured it would pull in a bit more than that.

Additionally, from Rotten Tomatoes, it is the lowest successful film critically in the series at 24%, even if the audience reception is at a 63%.

Also, Metacritic has the film at 38, the lowest on the site.

Reactions: truejonas
I’m shocked
The movie never garnered any true buzz anyway, so even if it had great reviews, it probably only would’ve opened to $35M at best rather than $30M. Critic reviews only factor on average a +/- 10% swing depending on how good or bad reviews come out.

This movie was never going to be big after Smith and Jones were revealed to not be involved.

Saw it last night, kinda dragged to it, but actually I really liked it!

Nobody needed another MIB movie and I think franchise fatigue (this franchise anyway) and the lack of the original stars is what killed all interest. It's a shame because it's a million times better than the recent Ghostbusters and it's better than MIB 2 IMO.