Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I keep seeing YouTuber’s calling the new bar “ISS LUH nu-bar” .... it’s “EYE LUH” no?!

EYE- LUH is the American way of saying the Spanish word. Just like Uruguay is properly pronounced OO-ROO Y, but Americans pronounce it YUR -A GAY. if you have ever been to Austin, Texas there are plenty of Spanish words that got converted into a different pronunciation. The big one would be a main road name called Manchaca, which everyone pronounces "man-shack" instead of the Spanish pronunciation for the Mexican soldier it is named after, which is " Mun chuck-a"

Neither is incorrect, technically. It depends on how you look at it, but Iss Luh was how the word was originally pronounced.

Reactions: Dustin and Alicia
EYE- LUH is the American way of saying the Spanish word. Just like Uruguay is properly pronounced OO-ROO Y, but Americans pronounce it YUR -A GAY. if you have ever been to Austin, Texas there are plenty of Spanish words that got converted into a different pronunciation. The big one would be a main road name called Manchaca, which everyone pronounces "man-shack" instead of the Spanish pronunciation for the Mexican soldier it is named after, which is " Mun chuck-a"

Neither is incorrect, technically. It depends on how you look at it, but Iss Luh was how the word was originally pronounced.

And that wraps Isla Talk episode 2. Tune in next time!

I know Disney technically did it with Star Tours, but is this the first time a ride based on a movie is replaced by a ride based on a sequel to that same movie? I certainly don’t think Universal has ever done it.

Anyway, can’t wait for soft POV’s. I have no self control and live in Brooklyn and won’t be in Hollywood anytime soon. Have fun, next week!

Please let it be next week, latest. :grin:

I know Disney technically did it with Star Tours, but is this the first time a ride based on a movie is replaced by a ride based on a sequel to that same movie? I certainly don’t think Universal has ever done it.

I’m thinking pretty hard on this and I’m thinking new Kong on tram to replace old Kong is probably closest scenario that I can remember.

Reactions: Beauseph

Anyway, can’t wait for soft POV’s. I have no self control and live in Brooklyn and won’t be in Hollywood anytime soon. Have fun, next week!

Please let it be next week, latest. :grin:

I mean, Star Tours 2.0 is kind-of more..of a fanservice trip of the entire saga, as opposed towards it being strictly during one period.

Reactions: Beauseph
I mean, Star Tours 2.0 is kind-of more..of a fanservice trip of the entire saga, as opposed towards it being strictly during one period.

Agreed. Because of it's randomized elements, Star Tours: TAC is more of a greatest hits collection than a single flowing narrative which, hopefully, is a aspect that they will bring to Smuggler's Run when Galaxy's Edge gets past the first year mark.

With there being more passholders in California when compared to Florida, adding to any attraction's re-ride value here in the west coast can be highly beneficial.

Surprised they didn't decide to install some sort of shade over the JW extended queue like they did with the TF extended queue. Guests are gonna broil during the summer with absolutely no shade in that extended queue. At least First Aid is nearby.

I'm guessing that the reason they didn't install shade is to keep this area open for possible HHN spot down the line.

Surprised they didn't decide to install some sort of shade over the JW extended queue like they did with the TF extended queue. Guests are gonna broil during the summer with absolutely no shade in that extended queue. At least First Aid is nearby.
Yeah they literally did zero work on it. Which is disappointing that they would spend a lot on transformers queue but neglect this. That uneven concrete is pretty bad.
VfNd1yy.png

I'm guessing that the reason they didn't install shade is to keep this area open for possible HHN spot down the line.

Obviously not this year for HHN as I can see the extended queue being needed through at least Labor Day weekend, which doesn't give enough time to construct a maze here. However, with the JW retheme, which I'm guessing should be a hit, they might need the extended queue for the next few summers at least. Uni has to rule out this area for HHN for at least several years or maybe scrap it altogether depending of the success of the new ride.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Posted this last week... but I think this is what´s happening. I think they are behind schedule and they don't want a Hagrid's situation in which they had like 3 days of softs, followed by the opening day and a cluster of problems. Hagrid was clearly behind schedule but they had an opening date already set so that created the problems they had at opening date (the cycle being faster than predicted, trains not fitted for the extra speed, the ride not running at capacity, 10 hour lines). Since they are really pushing marketing on this attraction, Universal is treating this as a really big deal, so if there is no opening date yet, I am afraid softs will happen at the end of July for an August opening date. I highly doubt that they would drop the opening date one week before it opened, so with all that in mind, late July softs, for an August opening date. my two cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.