Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The only truth was the guy came off as a total douche. Sorry for the harsh language. It’s late and I’m on vacation.
Well that's me an my video so

Just kidding, it has a click baity vibe to it for sure...It is possible to enjoy certain aspects and make a good time out of the visit while not enjoying it as a whole

Well I just got my ticket. $150 was a bit too much since I just plan to be there from 8 am to around 2 or 230 pm (have a 7:30 pm flight out of LAX) but I will get try to do as much on those 6 hours. I´ll probably do 3 and a half to 4 hours at Galaxys Edge and 2 hours to fit in any rides.

Coming back for 4 days in December so this is really just a treat to myself lol

Reactions: Disneyhead
The biggest problem I have with all of this is that Disney knows how to create synergy, and they're really good at it and always have been. What happened with this?

They had the rights to Star Wars and a long timeline for building this while they were making new movies, cartoons, etc. How hard would it have been to just make Batuu a place in one of those movies to "make it real"? It should have been something where from the start they mapped out movie and land developed them simultaneously to create the synergy.

The biggest problem I have with all of this is that Disney knows how to create synergy, and they're really good at it and always have been. What happened with this?

They had the rights to Star Wars and a long timeline for building this while they were making new movies, cartoons, etc. How hard would it have been to just make Batuu a place in one of those movies to "make it real"? It should have been something where from the start they mapped out movie and land developed them simultaneously to create the synergy.

I'd put money on it being mentioned in Episode IX.

Pandora is meant to have more meaning after the sequels have been released but James Cameron is taking his sweet ass time. In both cases with GE and Avatar, Disney for the first time in their history, may have built something too quickly.

Pandora is meant to have more meaning after the sequels have been released but James Cameron is taking his sweet ass time. In both cases with GE and Avatar, Disney for the first time in their history, may have built something too quickly.
We'll see, but it would have made sense to release and open simultaneously then.

We'll see, but it would have made sense to release and open simultaneously then.

DL was always ahead of WDW in their build and pretty much everybody here thought that DHS wouldn't open until December (Same time as the movie's release).

Getting the busy crowds in early and building more hype off the movie later seems like a reasonable move.

Disney just have to hope and pray that Episode IX doesn't bomb.

DL was always ahead of WDW in their build and pretty much everybody here thought that DHS wouldn't open until December (Same time as the movie's release).

Getting the busy crowds in early and building more hype off the movie later seems like a reasonable move.

Disney just have to hope and pray that Episode IX doesn't bomb.
They should have just waited to open it until the movie was opening AND the second attraction was ready to go. I get they wanted to start making money ASAP, but I have to wonder if poor word of mouth will damage the brand overall.

Reactions: Scott W.

It could be mentioned in IX for sure. Before the land opened, Disney and Lucasfilm talked about how the Resistance and First Order were both looking for something on the planet, but they haven't said what yet. Hopefully it's expanded on in the next film.

Aside from that, it's all been "extra-curricular" reading that has featured the planet. The latest Thrawn novel took place mostly on Batuu, and there was a Marvel comic run centered around it as well, plus a new novel on the way.

Reactions: Scott W.
They should have just waited to open it until the movie was opening AND the second attraction was ready to go. I get they wanted to start making money ASAP, but I have to wonder if poor word of mouth will damage the brand overall.

I understand that and it makes perfect sense but this is being said in hindsight. I don't think anybody saw this coming.

I think @Joe mentioned on Twitter that this is all just a passing phase. By next summer it will be forgotten and the same goes with the issues Hagrid's is currently experiencing.

I think not having RotR ready is the biggest problem right now. Having a good ride fixes so many problems. I wasn't overly impressed with Pandora but I loved Flight of Passage so much that it didn't matter. Smuggler's Run doesn't seem to be giving that kind of attachment to the land that I think RotR will.

At which point Finn will tell her he has already been, there isn't much to do, and they can't afford it ;)

They could film the whole movie on the planet and they can spend half the movie waiting to get into the cantina.

For naysayers, the final nail in the coffin was put today. Disneyland is officially freezing hires and cutting on spending do to the poor performance of the whole resort, a direct result of people not showing up for Galaxy's Edge. This is quite telling that there is trouble at Disneyland. That might give credence to the rumor that there will be news about Rise of the Resistance tomorrow. The reason why people aren't showing up are not yet clear (we have discussed many possibilities though) but I sense a disturbance on the Force MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, News - FREEZE! Disneyland Implements Hiring Freeze and Cutbacks

In case anyone missed the news floating around, the Trolley Newsies shows at DCA is being cut by the end of the month. The Lion King show they put up at Paradise Bay is also losing its dancers end of the month.

Yikes. If they move Rise of the Resistance to 2020, I think they're screwed.

I really hope people are waiting on Rise of The Resistance

I know we jab at Disney and Universal from time to time, and it's fun to compare them, but it pains me to see cast members and spending get cut because of this. It truly is a head scratcher

Reactions: Trumen882 and Clive
In case anyone missed the news floating around, the Trolley Newsies shows at DCA is being cut by the end of the month. The Lion King show they put up at Paradise Bay is also losing its dancers end of the month.

Yikes. If they move Rise of the Resistance to 2020, I think they're screwed.
I think your point is credible. If Disney says RotR is 2020, that will cut into the people wanting to go to GESWL in 2019. They'll get the AP backlog but not the tourist bookings....and the tourists is where the big spending per guest numbers come from.....If Disney is smart , they'll fastrack the RotR opening. If they delay it, well, that's another bad business decision.