General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's basically the same, but with less earthquakes and more hurricanes

Also Spider-Man as a neighbor

Honestly, Universal Studios Hollywood is pretty boring to me. Like, I feel like it can do so much more but it doesn't. I don't get the hype for the Studio Tour when half the time there are several sections that are in maintenance (and we actually see the work as we pass by, like wow so much for immersion lol) and half of it is just boring. Also, on a good day, you can finish everything within 3-4 hours. At least to me lol. I really want to go to USF so bad. :(

Honestly, Universal Studios Hollywood is pretty boring to me. Like, I feel like it can do so much more but it doesn't. I don't get the hype for the Studio Tour when half the time there are several sections that are in maintenance (and we actually see the work as we pass by, like wow so much for immersion lol) and half of it is just boring. Also, on a good day, you can finish everything within 3-4 hours. At least to me lol. I really want to go to USF so bad. :(
I've never been to USH, but I can see without IOA how it would be great on your first visit, but then get stale quick.

Personally, I feel USH has a history that will never be as strong (in terms of movie production) at USF

Reactions: marip123

The tram tour is great! It's not supposed to be immersive. Jaws, flash floods, earthquakes and super char..... forget that one. I love the tram.

Well I posted an article about the really bad reputation Intamin has. There have been roller coasters built by them that had to be either partially rebuilt or heavily modified because the forces were far greater than anticipated. There was one instance in which they had to remove a portion of the roller coaster because in testing the water dummies were being ejected from the train. Cedar Fair no longer orders from them for the very same reason that they got three troublesome coasters back to back. I305 had to reprofile a turn because G forces were greater than planned and Maverick had to completely remove one inversion. Both Intamin creations

Wow! Talk about immersion and realistic G’s!

Probably not many repeat riders, though...

Reactions: smoaT
Just a theoretical here, but depending on how legit the LIM overheating problem was, they could have reprogrammed them so they alternate banks on firing. If theres a line of 12 motors, maybe on train 1, just the odd numbers fire. On the next, just the evens fire. It could explain the reaching top speed quicker effect if the first 6 fired that time instead of the last 6. Of course that assumes that it doesn't need the whole bank to fire for the train to achieve the speed it needs.
If that happened, it would make a difference in the ride experience. It would almost feel like a puttering engine instead of a steady acceleration.

If that happened, it would make a difference in the ride experience. It would almost feel like a puttering engine instead of a steady acceleration.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure it would really feel that way. I'm assuming that each train has the mechanism for the motor to accelerate. There would always be a car on an active motor. Granted some of this comes down to how long each bank is vs how long each car is. But if they are similar lengths, the train wouldn't have the surging. And even if they are too long, instead of odd even, they could probably doo first half/second half everywhere except where it leaves the drop building.

Reactions: WAJAS
I've never been to USH, but I can see without IOA how it would be great on your first visit, but then get stale quick.

Personally, I feel USH has a history that will never be as strong (in terms of movie production) at USF

Yeah I desperately want to go to USF, everything about it looks so cool. I just feel like USH gets everything severely downsized lol

The tram tour is great! It's not supposed to be immersive. Jaws, flash floods, earthquakes and super char..... forget that one. I love the tram.

Well, it doesn't have to be immersive, but it COULD be better, especially if they like, added something better than Supercharged, god I hate that part lol.

Two things I've noticed as I was getting in line, they took down the last bit of work walls right next to the Hogsmeade gate, and they added some fake leaves to the fences at the entrance of the queue to block the view.

Frig, I hate this fake foliage sh!t. Plant some creeping fig and that will do a great job of covering and... creeping...

Looks like we’re closed for the day for weather. Everything else says delayed but HMCMA is “closed” and I was optimistic to ride it tonight at night...