Blade | Inside Universal Forums

Blade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

tenor.gif

For some reason, I never thought we’d get Blade in the MCU. I just hope it’s not a dumbed down version. I’d love it if they went full R with it, but I doubt it.

For some reason, I never thought we’d get Blade in the MCU. I just hope it’s not a dumbed down version. I’d love it if they went full R with it, but I doubt it.

I would've agreed, if it wasn't for the fact that Disney's letting Feigue and Derrickson go on with a PG-13 Horror film with Doctor Strange.

I am..almost having to hope this is a Deadpool situation, to where they keep it R due to the nature of what the character is.

Strangely, Blade was my first comic book film back in 2009 (for some hellish reason, I was allowed to watch it), and man it takes me back. I am instantly on-board with this, especially with Ali as the titular character.

Hell yes! My #1 anticipated phase 4 Marvel film along with F4 and Mutants. Blade is such a badass underrated character. The 1998 movie was awesome, hopefully the action is gonna be like that!

Hell yes! My #1 anticipated phase 4 Marvel film along with F4 and Mutants. Blade is such a badass underrated character. The 1998 movie was awesome, hopefully the action is gonna be like that!
Blade, F4 and Mutants are all in Phase 5 territory. Phase 4 is seemingly only comprising of 2020-2021, a much shorter window than the other phases.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Blade, F4 and Mutants are all in Phase 5 territory. Phase 4 is seemingly only comprising of 2020-2021, a much shorter window than the other phases.
Whoops, well in that case, theres my anticipated phase 5 films.

If they go rated R then I think it's a certainty that it will be the highest grossing R rated film in history.

Production on Blade has been moved back from this September to July 2022 according to The Hollywood Reporter in their article about the new Superman movie.

Seems Blade may have it's director - Bassam Tarriq (Mogul Mowgli).

Interesting they're going with an indie director once again on the film itself. Part of me admittedly has a curiosity if this decision was done with Mahershala.

None of this surprises me given the snails pace of this project and how much Feige has on his plate now with the Disney+ shows. Quality is taking a hit for quantity.

Script being re-written. Apparently it was a mess before (see second tweet). If it's truly being rewritten, there's no way it starts filming on time or releases next September.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet