Blade | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Blade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blade lushed a full year now to September 6, 2024. This has shifted the MCU schedule accordingly:

Blade has nabbed Yann Demange (Dir. of the pilot for Lovecraft Country) and Michael Starrbury (Writer for Ava DuVernay’s When They See Us ) will be taking on. Additionally, it seems like the film is going to be darker than it was originally written; more akin to New Line Pictures original take.

Reactions: Nico

Blade has nabbed Yann Demange (Dir. of the pilot for Lovecraft Country) and Michael Starrbury (Writer for Ava DuVernay’s When They See Us ) will be taking on. Additionally, it seems like the film is going to be darker than it was originally written; more akin to New Line Pictures original take.
Will Iger actually let this happen as dark as this supposed is rumored to be though? If Chapek did anything I liked, it was allowing Disney to be seen as more than PG-13.

I’m specifically speaking of allowing Disney+ to grow up in most of the world and be more like HBO Max and Netflix whereas Iger’s plan was to keep D+ at PG-13 or under, which it still is for the most part in the US.

I hope he lets DP3 stay rated R as Iger never committed to that when he was CEO before.

Will Iger actually let this happen as dark as this supposed is rumored to be though? If Chapek did anything I liked, it was allowing Disney to be seen as more than PG-13.

I’m specifically speaking of allowing Disney+ to grow up in most of the world and be more like HBO Max and Netflix whereas Iger’s plan was to keep D+ at PG-13 or under, which it still is for the most part in the US.

I hope he lets DP3 stay rated R as Iger never commuted to that when he was CEO before.

I have to think he would. Werewolf By Night was the most graphic project Disney has done so-far at MS; and that seemed to get high praise. I'd also imagine it's to where Iger would know what Kevin wants to do, and how he wishes to go further with what Marvel could tap into for audiences.

So the WGA is on strike so he’s not even writing right now. Production is supposed to start at the end of the month on a bum script when this could be a two month+ strike? Okayyy.

Just cancel the movie.

Reactions: Freak
I heard that blade was gonna have a "Luke Skywalker and rey" passing of the torch type of arc for this movie .....oh Jesus, oh no. I never knew anything about this movie until I read that today. :lol:
If that's the case.... Oh no :lol:

Wesley Snipes was 42 when Blade Trinity was released.

Mahershala Ali will be 51 when Blade releases
Look at it this way though… there’s no aging issue with him at least right now. He should look pretty similar for the next 15 years or so.

He’s just an older version of the character.

Mahershala Ali was announced as the MCU's Blade in July 2019. We will not see Blade in theaters now until November 7, 2025 bumped back 9 months from February of the same year.

• Angry
Reactions: Lucky Planet