Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

From Mice Chat today in their Disneyland update article...."Specifically, we've noticed more of the Batuu Radio creeping into different parts of the outpost, as well as Docking Bay 7 Post Music now being played in the side dining room where no music was being played before.....Music is still a big point of contention for many Galaxy's Edge fans. We still feel the lack of John William's beautiful music being played in the land is a misstep, but it appears that Disney is beginning to address the void many guests are feeling in the land"................Mice Chat also included a nice map of exactly where , in the land, the various types of music are being played. And, they recommended Disney add the original trilogy characters to the land, in addition to adopting Williams' music, to liven the land.
I get the music, that'd be great. Music helps set a mood. But I wouldn't add in characters that no longer exist in this timeline. It doesn't make sense. They've already taken the immersive route, no reason to go back on that now.

I get the music, that'd be great. Music helps set a mood. But I wouldn't add in characters that no longer exist in this timeline. It doesn't make sense. They've already taken the immersive route, no reason to go back on that now.
Mice Chat was suggesting Disney take the drastic move of suspending the Batuu storyline and temporarily replacing it with the original trilogy stuff, to see if that works better with the public. Yes, a pretty farscape concept, but it's their idea, not mine.

Maybe Star Wars is actually a mediocre IP in general and massively overrated.

I mean we have 40 years of history to show us it’s special.

Mice Chat was suggesting Disney take the drastic move of suspending the Batuu storyline and temporarily replacing it with the original trilogy stuff, to see if that works better with the public. Yes, a pretty farscape concept, but it's their idea, not mine.

Bit of baby with the bath water here. Not like the OG trilogy stuff isn’t already in Tomorrowland.

It would be funny to have Kylo Ren run into Darth Vader, though. Maybe Vader could try to order around Kylo's troopers while Kylo is bowing down saying, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

It would be funny to have Kylo Ren run into Darth Vader, though. Maybe Vader could try to order around Kylo's troopers while Kylo is bowing down saying, "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"
Kylo can continue...."We're boring, boring, boring characters. We don't have the aura of the true Force character strength like you, great Vader". "

*looks at Fast and the Furious*

I mean, there's no accounting for taste.

Comparing Star Wars to Fast and Furious now? Can this message board sink any lower?

I would formulate a response explaining why this is a ridiculous comparison, but why bother?

Also...I think Disney should "wait and see" how the new movie does before deciding the public has no interest in the new characters... I really don't think that's the problem here.

Comparing Star Wars to Fast and Furious now? Can this message board sink any lower?

I would formulate a response explaining why this is a ridiculous comparison, but why bother?

Also...I think Disney should "wait and see" how the new movie does before deciding the public has no interest in the new characters... I really don't think that's the problem here.
I think everyone's just kidding around here. Slow night and day on the site. :)

Or maybe it’s one of the most successful franchises in film history?

*looks at Fast and the Furious*

I mean, there's no accounting for taste.

I think he was meaning that Fast and Furious is one of the most successful (money wise) franchises yet that doesn't mean it has quality. In truth it sucks.

I agree that the characters themselves are not the problem. But if they increased the number of them that would help somewhat

I really don’t care if OG characters make it over to the new area. I’m not one of these folks that pretend they are actually in Diagon Alley when I visit.

But it’s not like these characters haven’t been present at the park in the past. Adding them will likely make no actual difference to the popularity of the land.

Oh I loved Farscape, would love to see those characters there and I think they would fit perfectly. ;)
Ah I didn't understand that correctly.

Well Disney declared Batoo was canon, they even committed to a comic series to explain why because the land itself apparently doesn't. But the fact the story line of desert girl, trooper traitor and Poo ends after the next movie, and isn't pulled over 9 shows they lost their apatite for the characters too I guess.

I really don’t care if OG characters make it over to the new area. I’m not one of these folks that pretend they are actually in Diagon Alley when I visit.

But it’s not like these characters haven’t been present at the park in the past. Adding them will likely make no actual difference to the popularity of the land.

Rhino, go have a drink to relax and come back in a few. You’re coming across very on-edge.

I wonder if Disney would ever consider inserting Batuu into a future SW film to appease those who say it doesn't feel familiar enough?

I wonder if Disney would ever consider inserting Batuu into a future SW film to appease those who say it doesn't feel familiar enough?
They did mention it at the very end of Solo, so I can see them having a quick scene on Batuu just to meet one character for information and then leave, but I don’t think it would ever be a main plot point in a movie.

sadly, I cant drink at work as easily as I can respond to message boards... :grin:

PS - there have been talks of "reshoots" for episode XI...so maybe...we'll see it in the new film.

I know I read somewhere that a certain "element" of the land would be considered a spoiler for the new movie, and that was being held back until after it was released. Who knows though...