Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FB (5 ) - If this is entirely based on the FB movie franchise.....yuk. I have absolutely no connection the characters & places compared to Potter. Again....I'm sure the theming will be incredible.
Dumbledore will be an integral part to FB movies. Would a Dumbledore attraction appeal to you?

Reactions: Verdrick Pope
I was just thinking about the hub. (sorry if this is mentioned before)
What if the hub is the new city walk. People from within the park (1 entry ticket for everything) will be able to use this hub version of City walk instantly, as part of the whole theme park, all day and night.
Guests who are not staying in the park can visit the hub after park hours. So the whole area from the parking structure to the hotel will be open for all to visit just like CityWalk.
If the park closes (so all the lands close), Universal makes them want to leave because of the firework/fountain/projection Epic Spectacular that will best views from within the hub.
The coaster will stay open for general guests to enjoy for an extra fee (something that was planed for CityWalk but was too far out of to way function.
Does this make sense?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but what’s the potential of the middle strip staying open later , with that being kind of the city walk area leading up to the hotel?

Because of the way the lands are separated it’ll be easy enough to block them off at park close and keep the entertainment stuff open later.

Edit *i see someone has already suggested this- my bad*

Reactions: Quake_27 and RFRees
Not sure if anyone has mentioned but what’s the potential of the middle strip staying open later , with that being kind of the city walk area leading up to the hotel?

Because of the way the lands are separated it’ll be easy enough to block them off at park close and keep the entertainment stuff open later.

Edit *i see someone has already suggested this- my bad*

The hub is not CityWalk or anything like it. It’s a themed area in a theme park and it features rides, attractions and shows. CityWalk 2.0 would be a different entity.

Just catching up.

That expansion plot between Nintendo and Monsters is earmarked for Nintendo only. Once used, Nintendo will be the largest land in the park.

It’s just a How to Train Your Dragon land, not a Dreamworks land And it looks to me to have 8 rides, two of which are going to be E-tickets, (well, 1 E and 1 D maybe). But it’s good to have some things for smaller kids to do so I’m happy to see it in the plans to start. The other parks are lacking in kiddie rides. Also, some cliffs and theming have been stripped from this art to make it ambiguous (just like the Nintendo colors being muted and Peach’s Castle left out).

This park will have quite a few large E-Tickets, so I’m shocked to hear complaints about a lack of them. I believe they’ll be two in Fantastic Beasts alone. Just because the kiddie rides are closest to the “camera” in the art, doesn’t mean that represents the entire park, obviously.

I think that’s all my thoughts for now. Carry on.

I also don't get the nervousness about the IPs. When IoA opened the only relevant, popular IP it had was Jurassic Park. Marvel was on the verge of bankruptcy, Toon Lagoon is...Toon Lagoon, Lost Continent was original, and Seuss was cute, but nothing to set the world on fire.

IDK how How To Train Your Dragon is worse than freakin' funny pages comic strips, or how more Harry Potter is a worse choice than the Greek Gods filtered through Power Rangers.

Just catching up.

That expansion plot between Nintendo and Monsters is earmarked for Nintendo only. Once used, Nintendo will be the largest land in the park.

It’s just a How to Train Your Dragon land, not a Dreamworks land And it looks to me to have 8 rides, two of which are going to be E-tickets, (well, 1 E and 1 D maybe). But it’s good to have some things for smaller kids to do so I’m happy to see it in the plans to start. The other parks are lacking in kiddie rides. Also, some cliffs and theming have been stripped from this art to make it ambiguous (just like the Nintendo colors being muted and Peach’s Castle left out).

This park will have quite a few large E-Tickets, so I’m shocked to hear complaints about a lack of them. I believe they’ll be two in Fantastic Beasts alone. Just because the kiddie rides are closest to the “camera” in the art, doesn’t mean that represents the entire park, obviously.

My guess for Nintendo expansion is Zelda. If Japan’s spot goes to Pokémon (which it more than likely will) I don’t think we’d get a heavily expanded version of that land just like how we technically aren’t with Mario. That expansion spot is huge and I also can’t see them stuffing everything Nintendo into EU. Pokémon in Orlando will likely be in USF or IoA. I’m leaning USF.

Just catching up.

Are you counting the 2 Sky Fly rides as one or two rides?

Will you be doing a podcast or youtube video to go into your detailed thoughts.

So if the adjacent land is Nintendo are we thinking that would most likely eventually be Pokemon, or are we thinking more Mario & Fam related expansion.

HealthyUnfitAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif

Hello everyone!

So catching up on the announcement and wow... well done Universal for planning a park with some pretty valuable IP's. Nintendo, more potter and dragon are definitely long-lasting franchises to get on board. Also, Universal's Classics will surely be an exciting edition.

Is 2023 ambitious?

How many major rides are we expecting this to have? I'm expecting this to be underbuilt initially just like every new park. Maybe not animal kingdom level though.

Reactions: jrn14
How many major rides are we expecting this to have? I'm expecting this to be underbuilt initially just like every new park. Maybe not animal kingdom level though.

Just from the concept art, it'll definitely have more than Animal Kingdom and DHS:
-Racer Coaster Track 1
-Racer Coaster Track 2
-Hub Carousel
-Mario Kart
-Yoshi
-DK Coaster
-HTTYD Coaster
-HTTYD Mack Splash Battle
-HTTYD Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Then going by rumors:
-Monsters E-Ticket
-Monsters D-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
-Potter E-ticket
EDIT: Just saw Alicia said HTTYD will have EIGHT rides
-HTTYD ride 4
-HTTYD ride 5
-HTTYD ride 6
-HTTYD ride 7
-HTTYD ride 8

So at that point we're up to 18 rides. I'd be *really* surprised if there weren't more rides in some of those other buildings in the hub as well, not to mention the 2 big show buildings in HTTYD that are unidentifiable.

Then non-ride attractions:
-Amphitheater
-Monsters Walkthrough
-Nintendo Play Area
-HTTYD Play Area

So, *assuming* everything in the art is built, and info from insiders is correct, I think we're going to have a pretty robust park at opening

Last edited:
That's great to hear! Though I'm curious if the current SNW area has enough room to build something like Luigi's Mansion in the current area without eating into the "expansion (Nintendo)" area.

I'm super happy about this idea. I much prefer an expanded land based on single IP rather than a mishmash of IPs with no coherence. Plus, Universal is going to need to spare some IPs for more expansion down in the years/decades to come (USF, IOA, EU, and potential park4).

Reactions: Dhdhddh
You can never have too many Dragons. :thumbsup:

Can you have too many launch coasters though? Once this park opens, UOR will have a total of 7:

-Hulk
-Mummy
-Gringotts
-Hagrid’s
-Velocicoaster
-Dueling Launch Coaster 1
-Dueling Launch Coaster 2

And that’s assuming neither Donkey Kong nor the coaster for Dragons isn’t launched. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of variety.

Reactions: RFRees