Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any insiders actually confirmed that there are going to be rides in the hub other than the coaster? It looks to me that most of buildings in the hub area could just be large restaurants and shops.

View attachment 10427 View attachment 10428
I’ll be flabbergasted if this isn’t a carousel and there’s no attractions in these buildings.

A lot of those buildings in the art are pretty massive as well. I just think it would be surprising if the coaster was the *only* ride in there
I don't want to get myself hyped up, but it seems there are a lot of non IP based things in the hub...and I'm here for it

Any idea what shows might be in that Monsters stadium? I'm thinking either

1. A monster related stunt show (possibly with Abbott and Costello as comedic relief)

or

2. Phantom of the Opera in the Park (which sounds terrible but feels like a it's-so-bad-it's-good idea)
Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical

Bat-Boy: The Musical

Lestat: The Musical

Something by Starkid

Reactions: Grabnar
I think I saw someone suggest that there is the rumor that one of the monster rides will be Kuka? Did I read correctly? I just hope they don’t pull a spidy/transformers and and use the exact same track layout as FJ. That would make me spit.

Spidey/TF doesn't use the same layout though..

If it's the Kuka robocoaster, part of me would think it'd be a more advanced and intense version of the system, even if it's made with Dynamic Structures/Attractions again.

Any idea what shows might be in that Monsters stadium? I'm thinking either

1. A monster related stunt show (possibly with Abbott and Costello as comedic relief)

or

2. Phantom of the Opera in the Park (which sounds terrible but feels like a it's-so-bad-it's-good idea)
It could be a monster related show but looking at the concept art you can bypass the Monster area completely to get to the stadium. If it is related it should be a big production due to the size of the stadium.
Anyway I hope it'll see more action than the theater at IOA.

Any chance it could be for a Fantasmic type show.
Not sure, could be fun though

Before Forbidden Journey, wasn’t the idea to use the Kuka system for a Van Helsing ride?
Yes, and I think we'll see some pieces of that for the Monsters ride

Universal hasn't used the Kuka tech again since FJ so I'm excited for it to be implemented into another park

Status
Not open for further replies.