Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with those saying adding another London is just silly and would be a creative disappointment imho. Why not create as many unique lands as possible. If the ride wants to take you to to the London MOM through the floo network ok sure, but why not have the land itself be Paris, more unique photo opportunities and merchandising potential.

Also this adds excitement for non-Potter fans... who are hitting all the parks... Yesterday we were in London today we are in Paris! Not... oh we are back in London again?

I don't know why that's safe to assume. lol

Plenty of more opportunities to massively disappoint a fanbase. :lol:
Fine to be your opinion of the films but doesn't necessarily speak for the fanbase as a whole nor its theme park prospects. Its a relevant franchise that Universal has theme park rights for and their creating a new park and its related to their most popular IP, I'm not sure why Universal wouldn't capitalize on it. Imagine how many toy Beasts they can sell??

Fine to be your opinion of the films but doesn't necessarily speak for the fanbase as a whole nor its theme park prospects. Its a relevant franchise that Universal has theme park rights for and their creating a new park and its related to their most popular IP, I'm not sure why Universal wouldn't capitalize on it. Imagine how many toy Beasts they can sell??

I mean, they already do sell toy beasts. And I'm not speaking for the fanbase. The fanbase already speaks for itself, and the majority have given it the thumbs down.

Why would you cast Jude Law for FB2 but not put him under contract for the following movies and projects? This would be nearly unprecedented.

I'm sure he's signed on for more movies. That doesn't mean he's agreed to give his likeness for theme park projects.

I mean, they already do sell toy beasts. And I'm not speaking for the fanbase. The fanbase already speaks for itself, and the majority have given it the thumbs down.

Fair enough. Although thru 2 films its made 1.6 billion, so lets stop acting like this franchise is a complete and utter flop. Fine if you and lots of the fan base don't like it, but its made some money, although not quite as much as expected. Also they haven't sold Beasts in a FB land where there is an attraction centered around them to help sell. Just makes much more sense, then you can continue to add Potter proper to the existing parks, creating Business all around.

Ironically going back to the ip usage someone on the magical site indicated that go a survey asking about interest in certain characters and how to group them....meaning things may still be fluid.

It’s totally possible this is 100% FB and set in that time frame. It’s also possible it’s none of that. The important distinction is it’s Wizarding World related and will likely feature the Ministry/ies.

Ironically going back to the ip usage someone on the magical site indicated that go a survey asking about interest in certain characters and how to group them....meaning things may still be fluid.

3 1/2 years is still a lot of time. Rough foundations and ride systems are planned but aesthetics, decoration, and theme can change.

I'm sure he's signed on for more movies. That doesn't mean he's agreed to give his likeness for theme park projects.
It's safe to assume. Not saying it's 100%, but you're going hard against precedence if you think Jude Law will fight against this.

Reactions: alias8703
It’s totally possible this is 100% FB and set in that time frame. It’s also possible it’s none of that. The important distinction is it’s Wizarding World related and will likely feature the Ministry/ies.

Exactly. I do believe it will be FB but like you said the Ministry ride is happening it seems.

Several of ya'll are saying that the second Fantastic Beasts was a flop and that since it did not make as much as the first one the series is dead. Let's look into the numbers for Harry Potter.

Philosopher's stone 975 million FB Where to find them 814 million
Chamber of Secrets 879 million FB The crimes of Grindewald 653 million
Prisoner of Azkaban 796 million
Goblet of Fire 897 million
Order of the Phoenix 940 million

Harry Potter series went down almost 100 million verses the second fantastic beasts went down 161 million. The third harry potter movie went even further down. Then every movie afterwards performed very well. The same director was used starting the fourth movie, which helped.

It is not impossible for Fantastic beasts to make a comeback and since it revolves around war, could see it performing better than its previous film. The crimes of grindewald was written as setting up the tension between Dumbledore and Grindewald, and therefore was a little boring. In addition, there was controversy with Harry Potter fans with Nagini and other things. Beside J.K rowling wrote the script for the film, and now for this new film they are bringing in another writer. I believe J.K wrote the script too much like a novel and not a film.

The concept art for the Wizarding world looks like Paris. As a Harry Potter fan, I'm not that impressed with the MOM in London. The ministry at Paris looks a lot nicer and there was even a scene in the movie that would make a great ride. The elevators was the only thing that was intriguing about the MOM in London. The more important thing for Harry potter fans is the floo network, not the ministry. The most iconic moments of the movie would be gringotts, hogwarts, diagon alley, the great hall, and hogsmeade. Ministry is barely in the books

I still can't figure out if that Arena is connected to Monsters or if its stand alone. If its stand alone, it could be Water World or it could be One Piece if for the theme park. If not, maybe its a concert venue for this park since no big stage it seems in the hub.

This would be my favorite thing in the park no matter what it is.

Reactions: jrn14
The same director was used starting the fourth movie, which helped.

Yates didn't start until Order of the Phoenix.

Beside J.K rowling wrote the script for the film, and now for this new film they are bringing in another writer.

If they are, that hasn't been announced.

'Fantastic Beasts 3' release date set for November 2021, production moving to 2020

EDIT:

The most iconic moments of the movie would be gringotts, hogwarts, diagon alley, the great hall, and hogsmeade. Ministry is barely in the books

This is also a *crazy* take. The Battle of the Department of Mysteries is one of the most pivotal, exciting, and heartwrenching scenes in the books an the movies.

Last edited:
This would be my favorite thing in the park no matter what it is.

I kind of have a feeling the amphitheater wont' be for a daily show, but for special events and in park concerts? That have nothing to do with the classic monsters. It seems as if it could have a separate entrance so one could have access to only the amphitheater for special events/concerts? I would rather this be a dedicated park space for daily entertainment... please tell me I'm wrong.

I agree with the poster above about Paris and FB, but the London Ministry is quite important to the Potterverse and story and is in the books and films often, if not referenced frequently. I just don't think thats the ministry we will be getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.