Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said many times in this thread that I'm sure whatever they do for Potter will be great. I also happen to think that if this land will be the only Ministry of Magic that gets built at UOR (which seems likely), that it would be a huge mistake *not* to base it off the one most people actually want to see. It will be great and people will like it either way, but it will definitely resonate with fans more if it's the one most of them care about.

Like, to me this would be like basing Nintendoland's Mario section after Super Mario Sunshine. Sure, people will like it, it would still be good, but a prevailing reaction would still probably be, "Why the heck did they pick *this one* for the focus?"

Oh I completely understand that, I really do. And I wasn't calling you out personally, or anyone out specifically, because unneeded drama us just that, unneeded. But I will say, there are others who haven't made that distinction and it really does perplex me.

As for the expansion plots, could we see these becoming completely new lands on different IPs? Or just expansions to current lands?

You know what I mean.
FB is over a billion dollar franchise thru its first 2 films, its not a good comparison. Plus, this is likely based on Paris from the FB films. Hence, why we get Paris. We get it, you hate Fantastic Beasts. Id fully expect Dumbledore to be involved as well. Sure its not a guarantee but FB theme park plans were announced before the first film, so I'm not surprised if its in their contracts at all. Also, if the ride takes us through all the ministries then I think that will get us to the Ministry "that everyone wants to see"

Supposedly the one next to SNW is marked for Nintendo... my best guess would be Pokemon... Could be Zelda or just more of the Mario characters. I feel Pokemon is the most likely.

I think the other is completely up in the air and wouldn't be utilized for a decade or so... whenever they find the next hot property/franchise!

Reactions: Awakening
Supposedly the one next to SNW is marked for Nintendo... my best guess would be Pokemon... Could be Zelda or just more of the Mario characters. I feel Pokemon is the most likely.

I think the other is completely up in the air and wouldn't be utilized for a decade or so... whenever they find the next hot property/franchise!
In Alicia's leaked document, they basically said they have future expansion for whatever they want! Whether its Film, tv, or a video game franchise. So its totally open!

Pokemon I agree is most likely. Id love it in USF but it'd fit UEU really well too imo. Kinda even looks like a Charmander building right infront of the supposed expansion plot.

Reactions: Alicia and RFRees
Not having a large Pokémon presence would be a huge missed opportunity. Especially on a merchandise standpoint.

It’s a goldmine. They don’t even need a ride (although a Pokémon snap or detective pikachu dark ride would be great)

Reactions: Awakening
I'm not sure if this has been speculated, haven't read any pages since they announced, but maybe they still plan to put pokemon in kidzone and are just waiting for closer to the new park opening to begin construction there.

It would make sense to me to have a nintendo property in the other parks around the time that this park opens so that people have a good reason to go to all of the themeparks.

It would make sense to me to have a nintendo property in the other parks around the time that this park opens so that people have a good reason to go to all of the themeparks.
I was thinking the same thing. But if the rumor about a potential Nintendo hotel is true and it's near the Nintendo section of EU, it might make more sense to go all out on Nintendo in that area to really drive up interest/demand in that hotel and park.

What kind of IPs could add Uni in the future to UEU that could work and be popular and of course feasible for getting their rights.
Of course Middle Earth would be amazing and first choice.
Uni should bet also on Anime/Mangas. Some of them are superpopular in western countries for ages i.e. Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon or Doraemon.
What about Sports? Or music? Popular TV series or shows? Westeros? An 80's Nostalgialand?

What kind of IPs could add Uni in the future to UEU that could work and be popular and of course feasible for getting their rights.
Uni should bet also on Anime/Mangas. Some of them are superpopular in western countries for ages i.e. Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon or Doraemon.
What about Sports? Or music? Popular TV series or shows? Westeros? An 80's Nostalgialand?
BTTF. That entire expansion plot.

A little late for Westeros.

Middle Earth might be more likely if it wasn't third party, but I can't count it out.

Anime/Manga, maybe a Dragon Ball land, but it feels like the time has past for that. Anime has significant niche appeal, but even the huge Dragon Ball Super movie that came out this year only made $30m Domestic, and that was considered fantastic. Anime, Manga, and Japan in general just doesn't dominate the culture like they did during the 80s. Maybe though.

Universal owns the rights to Wicked and they have the film rights for Dear Evan Hansen, so maybe a stage in the Hub where they play short productions of musicals. They have a theatrical group that develops musicals from time to time, so it could be a good little people-eater.

Depending on how Scoob does, a Hannah Barbara land could have potential. Have it connect to the UCM land to keep continuity with the Scooby Doo ride.

I have no idea how much of DC the Six Flags license covers, but if it's just individual characters, then they could squeeze in a Shazam ride or something. Less likely, considering the fact that Shazam didn't do great at the BO, but still.

EDIT: If they ever make Shrek 5, then that's something to consider.

Reactions: KentNelson
Wicked would fit for a theme park show, but no way Dear Evan Hansen.

I’ve always wondered though, could we get a Cursed Child company in the new entertainment district? They’re beginning to have companies throughout the U.S.

I’ve always wondered though, could we get a Cursed Child company in the new entertainment district? They’re beginning to have companies throughout the U.S.

Yeah on second thought maybe not DEH.

Possibly Cursed Child, it's doing alright.

Uni did a musical adaptation of Billy Elliott, which is a possibility. They're also developing a musical based off of the life of Marilyn Monroe called Bombshell, which would be a no-brainer if it ever comes out.

Properties that don't exist yet.

I know that Universal did a kinda odd abridged version/preview of Wicked at Universal Japan years back. It was half an hour of only a few of the main big numbers all strung together. We know that live performance already has a big theme park presence but a full on show which would take up a big chunk of a visitor’s day doesn’t seem super feasible to me. That being said, I’d still liven to see Universal implement those properties some how, tho they’d only have to be the bigger/fun ones.

Personally, I think a Paris MoM allows UC to flex their imagination a little more creatively. London's MoM is more restrictive due to the novels and movies already dictating a lot of the look. Paris would offer a bit of a blank slate.

At the same time... I'd love to see London's main atrium come to life.

The main atrium is near a large selection of floo powder portals so having that the end of the ride to return to Paris would make sense.

Reactions: RFRees
So, let's say they go with Paris as the theme, would we then expect every employee in the land to speak with a French accent?

Reactions: jrn14
Status
Not open for further replies.