Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

In all my years of going to HHN, since '07, I've never watched any of the shows. No Jabawockeez, no Insult Emporium, no Slaughter World, and not even Bill and Ted. Granted, I do care that at least they help with crowd control in regard to maze lines.

In all my years of going to HHN, since '07, I've never watched any of the shows. No Jabawockeez, no Insult Emporium, no Slaughter World, and not even Bill and Ted. Granted, I do care that at least they help with crowd control in regard to maze lines.
The Jabawockeez are trash. The dance moves are uninspired. It’s a lot of stupid filler. And I will reiterate that it doesn’t fit the horror event at all. It’s trash.

The Jabawockeez are trash. The dance moves are uninspired. It’s a lot of stupid filler. And I will reiterate that it doesn’t fit the horror event at all. It’s trash.

Here's a fair question, have you seen their shows either in Vegas or during HHN?

Does it fit into the event? No, and I'll admit that. However, it's still one of the highest rated elements of HHN from past years (from what I've gathered thanks to past talks in the years they've been in the event).

There is an appeal for people to see a show like Jabba, because the LA crowd may not have the chance to do a one-day trip to just see them in Vegas.

Here's a fair question, have you seen their shows either in Vegas or during HHN?

Does it fit into the event? No, and I'll admit that. However, it's still one of the highest rated elements of HHN from past years (from what I've gathered thanks to past talks in the years they've been in the event).

There is an appeal for people to see a show like Jabba, because the LA crowd may not have the chance to do a one-day trip to just see them in Vegas.
I’ve been to Vegas many times and not once would I ever take a trip to a place that has so many better shows to see than these hack dancers. I saw the Jabawockeez last year at HHN and they were just as bad as I had heard they were. My wife didn’t like it. I didn’t like it. It’s lame and has nothing to do with the horror event at all.

I will always say that my dream show for HHN would be a dark variety/vaudeville show with magic tricks, ventriloquism/puppetry, aerialists, comedy and yes, a music/dancing section ala B&T and Jabbawockeez.. of course, it'd have a spooky Halloween/Horror theme.. a little bit of something for everyone.. Of course, in a dream world, I'd also want Bill and Ted back or the rights to Rocky Horror to be available for USH again.. but if we can't have those, then my dream show would be the dark vaudeville-esque show..

I will always say that my dream show for HHN would be a dark variety/vaudeville show with magic tricks, ventriloquism/puppetry, aerialists, comedy and yes, a music/dancing section ala B&T and Jabbawockeez.. of course, it'd have a spooky Halloween/Horror theme.. a little bit of something for everyone.. Of course, in a dream world, I'd also want Bill and Ted back or the rights to Rocky Horror to be available for USH again.. but if we can't have those, then my dream show would be the dark vaudeville-esque show..

Honestly, I think a Elvira-style show but with Beetlejuice would actually be kind-of perfect for the Hollywood park. It wouldn't have to be too offensive, and it'd give them a chance to have a variety show with stage magic, dance sequences, and elements of dark humor and light pop-culture references.

Jabbowockeez fit into HHN about as well as a Bill and Ted variety show. But at least Jabbowockeez try to add Halloween flare.

I'd argue it's in a similar vein towards AoV for Orlando. Both do try to add the Halloween style, and mixes it with the methods of their shows (even if AoV takes it a notch above Jabba).

At the end of the day as Alex said, HHN knows their cliente - the GP, will eat this up. It's a hit with them and completely captures the humor and atmosphere people in this age range (as a 20 sumn year old) like.

However, I will admit, they are lackluster lol. Their choreographs dont exactly "wow" me, but their shows are fun and my friends like them.

The last maze announcement
It's whatever Pandora's Box will be. Consensus is tuesday. On Jabba, their choreography has been less inspired recently. They used to do amazing bits with physical comedy and props like roller skates, but now it's just dated memes. If any Vegas show came to HHN, it should be Penn and Teller. Their show, at least for a while, was super horror inspired, and they have been parts of the event on both coasts before. Als, three boobed stripper

It's whatever Pandora's Box will be. Consensus is tuesday. On Jabba, their choreography has been less inspired recently. They used to do amazing bits with physical comedy and props like roller skates, but now it's just dated memes. If any Vegas show came to HHN, it should be Penn and Teller. Their show, at least for a while, was super horror inspired, and they have been parts of the event on both coasts before. Als, three boobed stripper

An unrealistic wish, but I'd love to see what could happen if Cirque and the entertainment group decided to make a custom show for HHN, with the intensity that's seen with the likes of R.U.N in some ways.

Have a form of acrobatic/gymnastic show, with a mixture of fire and pyro effects with an asylum breakout theme; and it could be perfect for HHN. And it isn't like Universal doesn't have relations with them, considering BMG.

It's highly unrealistic and is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see something more unique for a show, than jabbing at pop pop culture or being a string of dance numbers with not that much rhyme or reason.

An unrealistic wish, but I'd love to see what could happen if Cirque and the entertainment group decided to make a custom show for HHN, with the intensity that's seen with the likes of R.U.N in some ways.

Have a form of acrobatic/gymnastic show, with a mixture of fire and pyro effects with an asylum breakout theme; and it could be perfect for HHN. And it isn't like Universal doesn't have relations with them, considering BMG.

It's highly unrealistic and is a pipe dream, but I'd love to see something more unique for a show, than jabbing at pop pop culture or being a string of dance numbers with not that much rhyme or reason.
I could also see shows like Absinthe come, with a condensed runtime. BMG doesn’t fit theme, but could be fun, and Cirque would be a dream, but they are working with Disney and Fox.

On the other hand, for this year, John said that the DJ on the 12 couldn’t be announced yet, leading me to believe that they’re someone pretty famous in the scene. Figure would make perfect sense, but slightly disappointing since his music is already everywhere else in the park. I heard Marshmello showed up at Grad night, so I wouldn’t be surprised if someone big showed up. Any ideas from anyone else?

EDIT: Ginger Fish could also do a set, since Rob’s being represented at the event. Hell, maybe a set from Rob himself

speaking of rob zombie, how come the hellbilly deluxe scare zone that's been featured at Orlando's horror nights didn't make the jump to Hollywood?

speaking of rob zombie, how come the hellbilly deluxe scare zone that's been featured at Orlando's horror nights didn't make the jump to Hollywood?
Most likely because Orlando has a bigger budget, and they didn’t get the Creepshow maze... so they made up for it by giving them two IP scarezones while we got original ones.

I could also see shows like Absinthe come, with a condensed runtime. BMG doesn’t fit theme, but could be fun, and Cirque would be a dream, but they are working with Disney and Fox.

I was referring towards the fact that Universal does have relations with Cirque, as they had acquired Blue Man Group last year

Not to mention, there were rumors of Universal working with Cirque on something for the future.

It's one of the few things..that actually kind-of confuses me. Honestly, I could've easily seen and wouldn't of put it past Murdy, if Rob Zombie got a scarezone in Hollywood. And in a sense, it kind-of fits more for the Hollywood's nature, especially with us not exactly being foreign to seeing RZ in the event.

I've said this before, but I think it'd be a super fun idea for them to just revise the Special Effects show somehow. They already have that middle section with the gore demonstrations, they could elaborate on that. Plus, there's the bit where the audience member stands next to the Michael Meyers mannequin that turns out to be real. Just take it a step further: replace the audience member with an actor playing an "audience member" who accidentally gets killed, or something. They could construct an entire narrative around someone stalking the hosts and turn it into like an Agatha Christie-esque stage thriller.

I think it'd be entertaining for people who haven't seen the show, and they could include a lot of inside jokes for people who have. Also seems like it would be pretty cost effective. Jabba helps puts butts in seats, but they could be doing something so much more creative.

I honestly believe that part of the appeal of Jabba at HHN is that it serves as a break from the horror atmosphere. As weird as it sounds, a lot of the general public going to the event don't love being scared so they'd jump at the chance to do something that they know is safe.

There's also the idea that most of the general public don't notice or flat out don't care that the show isn't "horror" enough. They go in expecting a modern dance show, and that's what they get. As much as I would love a dark, vaudevillian variety show, that would be such a hard sell to the general public.