Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IMO I don't count "outdoor room black walls" (scenes that take place in a graveyard, forest, or outdoor scene) given that there isn't much they can necessarily do to cover them in those scenes, at least without taking a huge hit to their budget. Granted, I pray that we at least get some mazes that end in a decorated final room (e.g. 2017: The Shining with outside Frozen Jack scene, Saw alley Pig Minion scare scene. Only two mazes that year that had a designed final maze room.). It's sad that last year I think every maze ended with the obligatory black room, scareactor in a boo-hole in the wall, rather than a designed final room.

Reactions: Freak and hhnlover
IMO I don't count "outdoor room black walls" (scenes that take place in a graveyard, forest, or outdoor scene) given that there isn't much they can necessarily do to cover them in those scenes, at least without taking a huge hit to their budget. Granted, I pray that we at least get some mazes that end in a decorated final room (e.g. 2017: The Shining with outside Frozen Jack scene, Saw alley Pig Minion scare scene. Only two mazes that year that had a designed final maze room.). It's sad that last year I think every maze ended with the obligatory black room, scareactor in a boo-hole in the wall, rather than a designed final room.

I have a hunch that was their tactic to get the black walls to feel less jarring. No way of getting around them, so they moved them all to the end so that it was a "final scare" rather than "what the hell is this nonsense."

Didn't help in some cases, such as Poltergeist, Blumhouse and First Purge, but it was something.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I have a hunch that was their tactic to get the black walls to feel less jarring. No way of getting around them, so they moved them all to the end so that it was a "final scare" rather than "what the hell is this nonsense."

Didn't help in some cases, such as Poltergeist and First Purge, but it was something.

In 2017, that's what ruined it for me with that 5-scareactor ending for Insidious. I already saw them do something similar with the ending of Titans of Terror (with Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface), that not only did it feel kind of cheap, but took me out of the maze's atmosphere, since a lot of the mazes that year, and all of 2018's, ended with a blackout room and actor in a hole in the wall.

So when do we think the last maze will be announced? Legacy hinted at something happening Sunday, but weekend announcements are usually tied to events or panels, and nothing is happening Sunday. (To my knowledge, at least.) I would have to imagine that if it isn't Sunday, it'll be sometime next week, and early at that.

The curiosity is getting to me! I'm not thinking it's a surprise IP, but I am also not totally convinced it will be a literal "pandora's box" theme, so I have no idea what to expect.

Ya'll acting like they'd announce something on Sunday at this point... There's no reason for that.

What if Pandora's Box is actually Pandora's Box?

So when do we think the last maze will be announced? Legacy hinted at something happening Sunday, but weekend announcements are usually tied to events or panels, and nothing is happening Sunday. (To my knowledge, at least.) I would have to imagine that if it isn't Sunday, it'll be sometime next week, and early at that.

The curiosity is getting to me! I'm not thinking it's a surprise IP, but I am also not totally convinced it will be a literal "pandora's box" theme, so I have no idea what to expect.
Pretty sure Legacy wasn't hinting that Sunday would be the announcement date. My guess is that's for something else.

And he seemingly flat out said "What if Pandora's Box is actually Pandora's Box?". I would imagine it will probably be Tuesday.

Ah I missed that. But to be fair, Legacy is intentionally cryptic more often than not. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar," but sometimes Legacy likes to screw with us lol. I'm thinking Tuesday, also.

Reactions: Guygas
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.. didn't both WB and JK Rowling sign off on HHN Orlando's planned Harry Potter show for Diagon Alley? and wasn't it 100% Universal's choice to not go ahead with it after all?

It'd be incredibly odd if Orlando doesn't get the show though, right? Since they're the ones with Diagon, and their second show is apparently the lagoon.

Perhaps there's a third show for them? Question mark?

Reactions: hhnlover
Scooby Doo show but the James Gunn version. calling it now

Featuring Chucky and Norman Bates.

FRED: "Now to see who's really behind the killings..."

EVERYONE: "Norman Bates?"

DAPHNE: "The motel owner?"

SCOOB: "ruh-roh!"

NORMAN BATES: "And I would've made mother so proud, if it weren't for you meddling kids! And your mangy dog too!"

Featuring Chucky and Norman Bates.

FRED: "Now to see who's really behind the killings..."

EVERYONE: "Norman Bates?"

DAPHNE: "The motel owner?"

SCOOB: "ruh-roh!"

NORMAN BATES: "And I would've made mother so proud, if it weren't for you meddling kids! And your mangy dog too!"
Chucky: And I would've f@!*ing gotten away with it too! If it weren't for you f!@#ing meddling kids!

I hope they dropped those damn Jabawockees. That show is so corny and it suuuuuuuucks. It doesn’t even fit the event.
It's happening this year, and i think we're just going to have to deal with it. Love the Jabowockeez, but absolutely hate them at HHN. If HP opened at HHN in the states, it would blow my mind in the best way. Hopefully it happens one day, since it looks really cool in Japan

As far as I'm aware, Jabba is one of (if not the) the highest in ranks for GSAT's for the event.

And to be honest? It's something I not only understand, but would take part in seeing; as it's a chance to see a Vegas level group come to Hollywood (as they are located at the MGMGrand).