E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well would you rather have something like that replace ET or give all that space to Pokémon? I think in the near future, ET and Pokémon will operate congruently. Long term, ET will get cut.
Pokémon all the way. I agree with @Spaulding: rather than try the old IPs again, recognize instead that Doc Brown and King Kong had their fun and instead open the door to other properties, Universal or otherwise.

...She-Ra and Voltron.

Pokémon all the way. I agree with @Spaulding: rather than try the old IPs again, recognize instead that Doc Brown and King Kong had their fun and instead open the door to other properties, Universal or otherwise.

...She-Ra and Voltron.

I don’t care for Pokémon, but know enough to realize it’ll make for a fantastic theme park environment. I appreciate seeing ET still around, but wouldn’t miss it.

It’s funny you mentioned the one Universal attraction that was brought back.

So I had a crazy idea that I don’t think a lot of us would like, but I think would be the best case scenario for this ride. And Uni Creative, if you’re reading this, feel free to use my idea.

Now I would much rather see the ride have a total restoration. ET is a classic ride and could really use an overhaul. Unfortunately, Comcast does not think this way. Yeah, we’ve seen the exception with Jurassic at USH, but that’s because it’s their second biggest franchise behind F&F. Of course they’re going to give it love. ET is outdated despite being beloved and I don’t see Comcast showing much interest in it. It’s in fairly bad shape.

Unfortunately a replacement would be more likely. But you know what would be a good replacement IP? Stranger Things.

Maybe this idea was mentioned before in the thread, but I don’t feel like digging through it. It wouldn’t even need to be a full replacement. It could just be a simple overlay. Change the queue, exterior, and entrance, keep the woods in the first half and change up the other half to the mall/lab/whatever the story of the ride would call for. They can even keep the same track layout and the bikes, maybe even have the same story as ET. Just switch out ET for Eleven and have Eleven use her powers to levitate the bikes. That way the aesthetic and nostalgic factor of the ride will still remain, but with a more relevant IP. Oh, and the gift shop, pizza place, and Spongebob store can be changed into Starcourt mall.

Again, I would rather keep ET and restore it, but with Comcast’s business model, this would be the best case scenario for the spot. We still get our nostalgic flying bikes ride but in good shape and Comcast gets their big IP. Win-win baby.

The only thing is that it would be a bit odd basing a family dark ride on a sci-fi/horror-ish property, but they can keep a light hearted tone. I still see a lot of kids enjoy ST. They can even play Neverending Story as you’re exiting.

Whaddya guys think?

So I had a crazy idea that I don’t think a lot of us would like, but I think would be the best case scenario for this ride. And Uni Creative, if you’re reading this, feel free to use my idea.

Now I would much rather see the ride have a total restoration. ET is a classic ride and could really use an overhaul. Unfortunately, Comcast does not think this way. Yeah, we’ve seen the exception with Jurassic at USH, but that’s because it’s their second biggest franchise behind F&F. Of course they’re going to give it love. ET is outdated despite being beloved and I don’t see Comcast showing much interest in it. It’s in fairly bad shape.

Unfortunately a replacement would be more likely. But you know what would be a good replacement IP? Stranger Things.

Maybe this idea was mentioned before in the thread, but I don’t feel like digging through it. It wouldn’t even need to be a full replacement. It could just be a simple overlay. Change the queue, exterior, and entrance, keep the woods in the first half and change up the other half to the mall/lab/whatever the story of the ride would call for. They can even keep the same track layout and the bikes, maybe even have the same story as ET. Just switch out ET for Eleven and have Eleven use her powers to levitate the bikes. That way the aesthetic and nostalgic factor of the ride will still remain, but with a more relevant IP. Oh, and the gift shop, pizza place, and Spongebob store can be changed into Starcourt mall.

Again, I would rather keep ET and restore it, but with Comcast’s business model, this would be the best case scenario for the spot. We still get our nostalgic flying bikes ride but in good shape and Comcast gets their big IP. Win-win baby.

The only thing is that it would be a bit odd basing a family dark ride on a sci-fi/horror-ish property, but they can keep a light hearted tone. I still see a lot of kids enjoy ST. They can even play Neverending Story as you’re exiting.

Whaddya guys think?
If I could UNLIKE a post, this would be the perfect time. :lol:...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

If I could UNLIKE a post, this would be the perfect time. :lol:...:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I hear ya man. I’m just trying to look at this realistically. I’d MUCH rather ET stay, but Comcast is not going to be interested in throwing money into an old ride based on an outdated IP. This would be the best case scenario with that in mind.

Reactions: universal_fanatic

Whaddya guys think?

I do love this idea a lot. I would go crazy over it.
This would be perfect

The scene in this ET ride where you are in the sky above the city where you see your shadow on the moon, you could have a screen showing the giant cloud monster from season 2.

Im not saying i want the entire house to have screens, but that scene with a giant screen showing the red sky and the mind flyer thing would be ridiculously epic.
The forest would remain the same like you said and all they had to do is dress the cops animatronics in those yellow biohazard suits from the show.
You could even add the rotten pumpkins somewhere.

The second half of the ride could all be on the upside down and have it full if demogorgon monsters. Have us enter the research lab and end up on the upside down.

This will never happen, but it would be incredible to think about

Reactions: universal_fanatic
They couldn’t keep the same ride vehicles though. Eleven can’t really just levitate a bunch of bikes for that long of a time.

Reactions: truejonas
I get the impression that Universal wants to do something with Stranger Things.

Here’s my concern. A modern reimagining of the ET ride system would be perfect for it but I don’t want to replace ET and as long as ET exists, I don’t see them building two of the same system (I know they’ve done it before)

They couldn’t keep the same ride vehicles though. Eleven can’t really just levitate a bunch of bikes for that long of a time.

What if universal asks netflix to have a scene in season 4 where 11 lifts everyones bikes above the town lol. Then its cannon.

I get the impression that Universal wants to do something with Stranger Things.

Here’s my concern. A modern reimagining of the ET ride system would be perfect for it but I don’t want to replace ET and as long as ET exists, I don’t see them building two of the same system (I know they’ve done it before)

Since the ET system has never been copied anywhere else in universal, it would probably feel brand new to the people that have not cared about ET in a while.
Specially if everything else looks amazing.

Imagine if they recreated the stranger things hhn house but with the ET system, i bet people wouldnt even realize.

Didn’t Spielberg say he’d stop letting the parks use his film ips if they replaced et?

How long will this be? ET cant be here forever, eventually it has to go...

What if universal asks netflix to have a scene in season 4 where 11 lifts everyones bikes above the town lol. Then its cannon.

Since the ET system has never been copied anywhere else in universal, it would probably feel brand new to the people that have not cared about ET in a while.
Specially if everything else looks amazing.

Imagine if they recreated the stranger things hhn house but with the ET system, i bet people wouldnt even realize.

How long will this be? ET cant be here forever, eventually it has to go...
Until Spielberg dies.

There’s no rumor because there are no plans. The show will be two-three years over before a ride would open. What would be the point?

On the bright side: that implies the show actually knows when to end. I'm looking at you Supernatural.

(Crazy how a show virtually no one watched initially had a run that enveloped those of god knows how many shows.)

Ah yes, because the last attraction Universal made based on a popular tv show that once had a presence at Horror Nights that everyone thought would have staying power turned out great and is still relevant... oh wait.
Television just doesn’t have the same staying power as movies. There is a reason that every attraction based on a TV show either becomes quickly outdated (Idol) or never gets out of development quick enough (P&F in the Magic Eye).

There’s no rumor because there are no plans. The show will be two-three years over before a ride would open. What would be the point?

They've done rides from movies that only had a couple of sequels,
How relevant was shrek, or the mummy, after 3 years of the sequels being out,

Ah yes, because the last attraction Universal made based on a popular tv show that once had a presence at Horror Nights that everyone thought would have staying power turned out great and is still relevant... oh wait.
Television just doesn’t have the same staying power as movies. There is a reason that every attraction based on a TV show either becomes quickly outdated (Idol) or never gets out of development quick enough (P&F in the Magic Eye).

Walking dead failed for being a boring walking attraction. That was lamer than the regular mazes.

If the walking dead was a full ride like transformers or men in black ride, who knows if people woyld have still love it.

The maze attraction was not a real ride,
Imagine if you saw the Real Rick Grimes on a 3D screen taking out zombies

Or what if the ride was like men in black but shooting zombies instead?
Imagine a men in black clone where you are in the forest driving a jeep and shooting animatronics

How would that not be popular?

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95