Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

SO basically the hotel is getting all the interactive and extra entertainment originally promised to all guests.

I have to say, it does look like a pretty cool idea. Just not something that will ever be in my price range. So I will have to live vicariously through youtube videos I'm afraid.

Also...Are there NO TVs in the hotel rooms?

NO POOL and NO TV...WTF kind of hotel is this?

So, the questions I still have about this experience are regarding the port day on Batuu. I would assume, in order to preserve the hyper reality of this costly adventure, that guests would be on Batuu without interactions of normal DHS day guests and there would be a plot and story that is carried out at port. That being said, guests would also not have access to the rest of DHS since they are supposedly out in space visiting a distant port and using a special ship to get them there. Not sure how this will work logistically with DHS regular visitors.

SO basically the hotel is getting all the interactive and extra entertainment originally promised to all guests.

I have to say, it does look like a pretty cool idea. Just not something that will ever be in my price range. So I will have to live vicariously through youtube videos I'm afraid.

Also...Are there NO TVs in the hotel rooms?

NO POOL and NO TV...WTF kind of hotel is this?
This isn't really a hotel. This is more of a multi-night experience.

Idk if the rooms will have TVs or not, but I can say from my 7 or so cruises that the TV rarely ever gets turned on for me. If there's as much to do here as there is on a real cruise ship then those things won't be an issue.

This isn't really a hotel. This is more of a multi-night experience.

Idk if the rooms will have TVs or not, but I can say from my 7 or so cruises that the TV rarely ever gets turned on for me. If there's as much to do here as there is on a real cruise ship then those things won't be an issue.

YES...but Cruise ship also has a GIANT POOL...so.

And views of an actual ocean. And lots and lots of activities and things to do and see.

Space Windows > Ocean Windows.

In all seriousness, I could see the "Space Window" turning into a giant TV..if Disney was smart.
Would be a pretty "neat" effect.

YES...but Cruise ship also has a GIANT POOL...so.

And views of an actual ocean. And lots and lots of activities and things to do and see.

Space Windows > Ocean Windows.

In all seriousness, I could see the "Space Window" turning into a giant TV..if Disney was smart.
Would be a pretty "neat" effect.
I'm not in any way trying to sound like i'm defending the hotel.

I think the hotel has many interesting components to it. I also think that it's the only way to get the *true* Galaxy's Edge experience and it costs WAY too much.

So for me it's a mixed bag. On a short 2-night, 3-day thing, I can easily go without TV or and not be bothered by the lacked of a pool if the activities and stuff are really cool. It's not like you don't know what you're getting yourself into when you buy a "Cruise" to go to Batuu anyway. But even while I see that, again, it's way too expensive and the likelihood of me ever staying here is probably <1%.

I'm not in any way trying to sound like i'm defending the hotel.

I think the hotel has many interesting components to it. I also think that it's the only way to get the *true* Galaxy's Edge experience and it costs WAY too much.

So for me it's a mixed bag. On a short 2-night, 3-day thing, I can easily go without TV or and not be bothered by the lacked of a pool if the activities and stuff are really cool. It's not like you don't know what you're getting yourself into when you buy a "Cruise" to go to Batuu anyway. But even while I see that, again, it's way too expensive and the likelihood of me ever staying here is probably <1%.

I suppose we always have our cell phones for entertaining the kids..

I suppose we always have our cell phones for entertaining the kids..
I can guarantee there will be kids clubs on this thing if it is run anything like DCL. I'm still not convinced there won't be TVs in the rooms. Remember, the windows that project space ARE tvs. It's very possible that those have a regular TV setting in them.

I can guarantee there will be kids clubs on this thing if it is run anything like DCL. I'm still not convinced there won't be TVs in the rooms. Remember, the windows that project space ARE tvs. It's very possible that those have a regular TV setting in them.

Yes, this is my guess as well.

A Voice activated...Screen that goes from Window to TV..would be pretty cool too.

The article talks about TV screens for guests to receive new missions, so maybe those will also work like a regular TV when not in 'mission mode'?

They could show popular documentaries such as the 9 part series 'War in the Stars'

Can I afford the ridiculous price: Yes....Am I a Star Wars fan from the birth of the franchise: Yes....Do I have any interest in booking this: No
I guess we cancel each other out, as our squad is already making plans to fill a room.