Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Strange. I mean I realize they can announce stuff whenever, but why not now? Maybe they are still working things out.

Strange. I mean I realize they can announce stuff whenever, but why not now? Maybe they are still working things out.

Lol, having your company tied to the Brazilian regime with all of the news this week would be a pretty bold political statement, and we all know Disney tries to avoid those. If this is going to materialize they’re going to wait for a more stable and quiet newscycle to announce.

Reactions: rhino4evr
Lol, having your company tied to the Brazilian regime with all of the news this week would be a pretty bold political statement, and we all know Disney tries to avoid those. If this is going to materialize they’re going to wait for a more stable and quiet newscycle to announce.
Disney isn't working with any government if this happens. Like most pavilions (except Morocco), they would be working with a Sponsor.

Reactions: Andysol

I wonder if that played a factor.

I dunno, if they don’t expand World Showcase for the 50TH...will they ever? (Unless there’s a big movie tied to a country)
Brazil was never to be expanded for the 50th, it wouldn't make 2021. It was supposed to be for Epcot's 40th, though.

So somehow I feel like we convinced ourselves this was a lock (tbf, everyone was trying to call it), but as I read back, even Magic was saying it was only 50/50 of being announced as of Saturday due to the Amazon situation. Could you imagine if there IS a ride and it's Amazon-based? That'd be a bad look.

I'm still willing to go as high as 80% chance this happens. Only way it doesn't is if things get politically really bad and the Amazon continues to get worse.

To be honest if the Brazil pavilion doesn’t get announced with an actual attraction than I could care less. A facade and a restaurant doesn’t do it for me. That’s why the Mary Poppins stuff was a letdown for me. They didn’t even announce an actual ride with the expansion. I go to these parks to ride actual RIDES. If I want to see a country I’ll just go and visit the real deal. I love world Showcase and it frustrates me so much with how Disney has allowed it to stay stagnant for 30 years. I don’t get it. Thankfully they seem to be on the right track. But hopefully we won’t have to wait another 30 years for another ride after Rat and Poppins.

Reactions: therock and SkiBum
I feel a water ride through the Amazon would be good, but just not now obviously. World Showcase Imo doesn't need a ton of rides, rather it needs lots of theming and high quality dining. Which for the most part, it has. After Remy and Poppins I'm not sure what other rides we should expect really in all honesty.

I feel a water ride through the Amazon would be good, but just not now obviously. World Showcase Imo doesn't need a ton of rides, rather it needs lots of theming and high quality dining. Which for the most part, it has. After Remy and Poppins I'm not sure what other rides we should expect really in all honesty.
World Showcase desperately needs a thrill ride. Specifically a roller coaster. That Fuji ride would of been perfect. Sadly, that will never happen today. Epcot is severely unbalanced. If you want thrills rides you have to walk to one side of the park. Showcase already has two water rides. It doesn’t need anymore. Rat is a good step in the right direction. I really hope Poppins is an actual ride.

Reactions: Andysol
World Showcase desperately needs a thrill ride. Specifically a roller coaster. That Fuji ride would of been perfect. Sadly, that will never happen today. Epcot is severely unbalanced. If you want thrills rides you have to walk to one side of the park. Showcase already has two water rides. It doesn’t need anymore. Rat is a good step in the right direction. I really hope Poppins is an actual ride.
Just realistically speaking, where do they have room for a rollercoaster? I don't disagree there's too much disparity between rides.

I have no idea but I’m sure Disney could figure something out. Guardians is a perfect example of this.
True, but Guardians had the entire Ellen building as well as expansion space available for that massive show building. As far as I know (which may not be much), WS doesn't have any room for expansion quite like that, unless the new Pavillion was JUST the ride.