Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Cat in the Hat is pretty long for a classic family dark ride? At least it felt like it just kept going and going lol. Much longer than Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, etc.

EDIT
Okay I looked it up on Touring Plans and found these ride times (Orlando versions):

Peter Pan: 3 mins
Winnie the Pooh: 4 mins
E.T. Adventure: 5 mins
Cat in the Hat: 6 mins
Little Mermaid: 7 mins

So what are we thinking for this? 4-5 mins?
Oh, dang. It’s clearly been YEARS since I’ve been on. Disregard my thoughts :)

I've heard a little under 3 minutes, so this tracks.

They're gonna pack a lot into this small ride.

I'm still a little unclear on the ride system. I know it's similar to an omnimover but will there be any bells and whistles to distinguish it from the bare-bones versions like The Little Mermaid? I always feel like the classic, old-fashioned dark rides that are very short (around 3 minutes or less) actually work better as an experience with a standard bus-bar ride system like Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh (WDW version). Almost all omnimover ride systems currently installed have much longer ride times with the exception of Peter Pan which I think remains charming almost exclusively because of the unique overhead flying vehicles. Without the more intimate feel of independently moving ride vehicles, I feel like a short ride time is going to be difficult to pull off unless there is something I'm missing. Even The Seas with Nemo and Friends comes in around 5 minutes and that's on the shorter end of most omnimovers.

Basically my worry is less about the short ride duration and more about what exactly is happening to us in the ride vehicle during those 3 minutes. If we're just moving along and slowly turning toward scenes with no elevation changes /speed changes and an endless row of cars directly in front of us those 3 minutes will seem mighty underwhelming.

I'm still a little unclear on the ride system. I know it's similar to an omnimover but will there be any bells and whistles to distinguish it from the bare-bones versions like The Little Mermaid? I always feel like the classic, old-fashioned dark rides that are very short (around 3 minutes or less) actually work better as an experience with a standard bus-bar ride system like Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh (WDW version). Almost all omnimover ride systems currently installed have much longer ride times with the exception of Peter Pan which I think remains charming almost exclusively because of the unique overhead flying vehicles. Without the more intimate feel of independently moving ride vehicles, I feel like a short ride time is going to be difficult to pull off unless there is something I'm missing. Even The Seas with Nemo and Friends comes in around 5 minutes and that's on the shorter end of most omnimovers.

Basically my worry is less about the short ride duration and more about what exactly is happening to us in the ride vehicle during those 3 minutes. If we're just moving along and slowly turning toward scenes with no elevation changes /speed changes and an endless row of cars directly in front of us those 3 minutes will seem mighty underwhelming.

I'm sure @Rideguy70, @Sydney, or anyone who took pictures of when the supports began to come up can correct, but I thought there might be some "slight" elevation changes in small areas.

You know what, since we're on the topic, has this thread talked about what SLOP's ride vehicle will be? Since the ride will most likely be set in New York City, there are a lot of possibilities.

Something like a Taxi would be the easy, generic choice but say, a Rickshaw would work better with the 2-Seat Situation we know SLOP will have thanks to Yoshi.

You know what, since we're on the topic, has this thread talked about what SLOP's ride vehicle will be? Since the ride will most likely be set in New York City, there are a lot of possibilities.

Something like a Taxi would be the easy, generic choice but say, a Rickshaw would work better with the 2-Seat Situation we know SLOP will have thanks to Yoshi.

It's been mentioned before: Omnimover system, same ride system as Yoshi's Adventure (I believe by Oceaneering if I'm not mistaken).

Yeah, i know. I was talking more about the visuals and theming and well on the technical aspects. My apologies if i didn't make that clear enough.

Then that's my mistake, as I didn't read it properly.

Honestly, I see it being..almost as if some form of elaborate pet toy, considering we're likely going to be the size of the pets (much like in Ratatouille in some ways).

Then that's my mistake, as I didn't read it properly.

Honestly, I see it being..almost as if some form of elaborate pet toy, considering we're likely going to be the size of the pets (much like in Ratatouille in some ways).

Maybe some sort of plastic toy lizard? Just give the yoshi vehicle a new coat of paint and your good to go! ;)

I would imagine the ride vehicle will be themed the same way as in the original lower lot SLOP plans - perhaps one of the lucky people to have seen them can let us know how they were themed?!

Ok... I'll ask the same question i asked with SNW, "Is it actually that small or does it just looke small from this angle?"

To be honest, I have no freaking idea. I'm no insider, but from what I can see, it looks to be a relatively small and short ride. I don't see this topping 4 minutes unless they slow down the speed of the omnimover-type ride system that it's rumored to be. Looks shorter than Ariel's Undersea Adventure at DCA which is around 6 minutes.

story line wise I heard its pretty cute. its going to be an adoption center and you the guest are a pet being adopted and then the adventure begins. I heard its little mermaids ride system or very similar to that. seeems like a great kid ride that universal needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.