Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Out on the West Coast......were there more people excited for SWGE....or were there more people PO'd that they were ripping out Rivers of America and shortening it by 1/3? I know that Disneyland is not a museum.....but like it or not.....it is historical and people out there feel very strongly about it. I think that SWGE shoe horned into Disneyland was ill conceived. They should have done the full land in Florida.....and did a stand alone RotR in Tomorrowland at DL.
Or put the land at DCA to prop that park up further.

Or put the land at DCA to prop that park up further.

Maybe. Definitely would have been better than DL. They could have torn out the Pier area and reconfigured the water area.....tons of space there. Would have been the perfect spot actually with transition from desert scape of Cars Land.

I still think ppl are assuming too much within the Hanger. We aren't boarding in the hanger room but just walking through and being funneled through to the right into the 'detention wing' where there are individual rooms to load in the preset RVs. This is how they are going to stagger RV launch times
Capture.JPG

Maybe. Definitely would have been better than DL. They could have torn out the Pier area and reconfigured the water area.....tons of space there. Would have been the perfect spot actually with transition from desert scape of Cars Land.

I’ve always thought they should have done SWGE in DCA and put Marvel in Tomorrowland.

SWGE would’ve made more sense at DCA, but do they even have the expansion land at that park for a land like that?

Maybe not. Maybe they should’ve done an Epic Universe style third park with Star Wars, Marvel, Avatar (they own it now and the land is a proven success), and some other stuff.
agreed.

I always thought if DL was ever going to get a third park, they needed big headliners, which Star Wars and Marvel obviously would’ve been. Oh well.

Reactions: Mike S
agreed.

I always thought if DL was ever going to get a third park, they needed big headliners, which Star Wars and Marvel obviously would’ve been. Oh well.
Would’ve been interesting to see a park like that going up on the west coast while EU goes up in the east. An interesting comparison would be how EU was pretty much all new with only Nintendo as a clone whereas the theoretical park I described for DL is all clones.

I recall some posters surmising they should have built a fifth WDW park that was a Star Wars Park. Damn good thing they didn't.
I think building a whole SW park is crazy, HOWEVER, it would’ve allowed them to buildout every planet worth recreating.

Basically, it would’ve been what Star Wars fans seem to want out of Batuu.

Reactions: Mike S
Went to SWGE on Sunday with friends. Here's some hot impressions.

+Land is massive with plenty of space for guests, I don't know why Disney thought this would need boarding passes to get into.
+Set design and decoration is fantastic, lots to look at.
+Food and beverage is good to great. Had a Ronto Wrap, liked it but wasn't as enamored with it as others. Oga's is fun and good but loses something with the capacity issues, drinks being pre-mixed, and weird cups. Had a drink spilled on me because it was so top heavy. Had some popcorn a stranger shared with me and it's like Fruity Pebbles and popcorn had a love affair.

=Smuggler's Run is a good ride but not outstanding, which it should be for RIDING IN OR PILOTING THE FALCON. The biggest issue I see is they either need it to be a madcap adventure in the Falcon OR an interactive video game. They tried to thread the needle for both and it doesn't work. I was the right pilot and I have to say pulling the lever to hit light speed is HIGHLY satisfying.
=Character interactions are fun but so so so random and individual that it feels lopsided. I like having Rey walk around with kids and interact, I like Vi or Chewie around. But the only real entertainment I could enjoy was the Kylo "show" because it was available to all. They need both small scale, personal entertainment (like they have now) in addition to more large scale, entertain 200-500 people shows.

-The land needs non-diegetic music. It just does. It's such an iconic part of the movies that having it only in select experiences just misses the mark completely. It doesn't need to be everywhere, doesn't need to be blaring loud, but it is needed. Why Disney decided to throw away decades of work on this, and then have fans defend it, is boggling.
-This land desperately needs things that do not require money. More elaborate shows, experiences, and activities are needed.
-Talking about activities, I could not get my data pad to work at all in the land.
-The land, as it sits now, does not feel like Star Wars.

Overall the bones of the land are good but it needs some help. Even once RotR opens there's a lot here that just needs a spit polish. After four years of hype, five years since Diagon opened, and one billion dollars per land later I expect more. This is desperately evident that night at HHN when I walked into Diagon Alley and it hit all the ways Batuu did not.

I'm going to be writing a larger piece on this for Parkscope that incorporates Pandora and Disney's design philosophy for new lands.