Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Star Wars Trilogy from David Benioff/D.B. Weiss

Its so funny because I was just thinking yesterday how I can't wait for Knights of The Old Republic. Now, here we are. Hoping this still happens.

I kind of assumed this was bound to happen after they signed that behemoth contract with Netflix a few months ago.

I’d imagine Netflix will be very nervous just about now.
Why? They seemingly backed out of Star Wars so they can focus on Netflix stuff. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was something that Netflix put in the contract... an exclusivity clause of sorts, making it so they almost had to stop Star Wars.

Why? They seemingly backed out of Star Wars so they can focus on Netflix stuff. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was something that Netflix put in the contract... an exclusivity clause of sorts, making it so they almost had to stop Star Wars.

The whole thing sounds like they’re all trying to save face to me.

If Netflix does back out, i think it could be safe to say that their careers would be over.

I think a lot of the time dudes like this are only as good as who wants to work with them. If they don't have the connections to top talent they themselves aren't worth 300 million. I bet given the money there are a ton of talented people willing to work on some good original project at Netflix with them that may be thus far largely unknown.

Once again, internet opinions ignore reality. As much as folks disliked the last season of game of thrones. The D&D team have made tons of money, and multiple awards for their work on GoT. The idea of a fan backlash (which like last Jedi is way overblown) has effected their careers is ridiculous.

They have their pick of who to work with, and they have obviously chosen Netflix, who is known to throw out extreme amounts of money in any direction.

I think this is less of a result of the backlash against Game of Thrones' final season and more out of fear over what could happen should the trilogy not be well-received. As much flack as they got for the last season, it wouldn't even come close to the bile and venom Star Wars fans produce over the stuff they don't like (Jake Lloyd and Kelly Marie Tran come to mind).