The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...it does look like her. Are we sure this wasn't something else? I mean the blood from the eyes is very Grudge-like but I don't know. Was it always there? Like how they added the Clownzilla head later? Another clown victim seems most likely.

I feel like they might pull something big out this year. Whether it's making the whole event big since it's an anniversary year or at least securing a big IP that can anchor down the event.

Considering they went 80's 2 years in a row, Could that have been a way for them to recycle a lot of things from the previous years to save costs and only put big funds in their headlining properties like the Ghostbusters & Stranger Things house and Merch to be able to have bigger funds to go all in on HHN 30? I feel like besides GB & ST's everything else just seemed simple, recycled and not so costly, Which doesn't necessarily mean it was not effective.

Almost all the scarezones was basically simple masks or makeup with some simple recycled props except maybe Hellbilly Deluxe.

Almost all the houses were recycled material or properties from previous years just with a few updates (Yeti's, Classic Monsters, Nightingales, Killer Klownz, Graveyard Games).

These are my thoughts after going through HHN29 and seeing how early they are releasing dates and already promoting HHN30 right after the event has wrapped up.

Maybe someone like @Legacy can give some thoughts and insight?

I feel like they might pull something big out this year. Whether it's making the whole event big since it's an anniversary year or at least securing a big IP that can anchor down the event.

Considering they went 80's 2 years in a row, Could that have been a way for them to recycle a lot of things from the previous years to save costs and only put big funds in their headlining properties like the Ghostbusters & Stranger Things house and Merch to be able to have bigger funds to go all in on HHN 30? I feel like besides GB & ST's everything else just seemed simple, recycled and not so costly, Which doesn't necessarily mean it was not effective.

Almost all the scarezones was basically simple masks or makeup with some simple recycled props except maybe Hellbilly Deluxe.

Almost all the houses were recycled material or properties from previous years just with a few updates (Yeti's, Classic Monsters, Nightingales, Killer Klownz, Graveyard Games).

These are my thoughts after going through HHN29 and seeing how early they are releasing dates and already promoting HHN30 right after the event has wrapped up.

They had announced this year's event dates just as last year's was ending as well. HHN also reuses props every single year, nothing new.

If anything, they were hoping that this year's cash flows will allow them to increase the budget for next year rather than just saving/cutting money from this year.

Reactions: RevFreako and Darko

The HHN budget doesn't roll over. It's developed independently each year based on what Universal (as a whole-including management) wants to accomplish that year as part of Entertainment's overall budget, and what is available from the entire resorts budget.

Ideas are free. While Nightingales and Yeti are ideas we've seen, all the masks were newly made this year. Killer Klownz made more costumes this year. Graveyard Games reused masks... but Universal ALWAYS reuses masks. The vast majority of the costumes are mismatches of stuff they already have on hand. The designers develop a costume and Costuming figure out, purchasing only what they HAVE to (for example, the Plague Doctor costumes were actually the Body Collector costumes... only with different buttons and undershirt).

This is an incredibly reductive and incorrect way to look at this event.

To keep going, the Depths masks went through at least three iterations. All of the costumes and prosthetic pieces for Vanity Ball were custom purchases and builds. This year had the biggest puppet Universal has ever built. They ran out of budget, which is how we got Zombieland instead of Ghostbusters in the street.

2019 was not a "cheap" year.

Status
Not open for further replies.