The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just shooting at the hip here: assuming the concept is still in use this time next year, what would you say to a house based on WWE's Firefly Fun House? I'm imagining a house that begins very bright and comfy, but quickly descends into creepy/off-putting, and by the end, Bray Wyatt, the charming kids' show host, has turned into The Fiend, his demonic alter-ego, and we just have a bunch of scenes of him laying into other, real-world wrestlers left and right. Maybe find a way to incorporate "Woken" Matt Hardy and co.?

...can't be any worse than Hollywood's Undertaker house.

Last edited:
Just shooting at the hip here: assuming the concept is still in use this time next year, what would you say to a house based on WWE's Firefly Fun House? I'm imagining a house that begins very bright and comfy, but quickly descends into creepy/off-putting, and by the end, Bray Wyatt, the charming kids' show host has turned into The Fiend, and we just have a bunch of scenes of him laying into other, real-world wrestlers left and right. Maybe find a way to incorporate Matt Hardy and co.?

...can't be any worse than Hollywood's Undertaker house.
The huge wrestling fan in me would enjoy this concept. But knowing how clingy Vince is with his IPs, I would have a hard time seeing this happen. Comcast/Universal does own the USA Network, which airs RAW and NXT, but they also have a huge deal with Fox which we all know is Disney-owned now. I just don't see something like this officially working as an IP

That being said, a cheery kids playhouse that descends into hell could work as an "inspired-by" house like Body Collectors...

but they also have a huge deal with Fox which we all know is Disney-owned now.
Not so fast. Disney owns 21st Century Fox, which covers Fox's film and television production divisions, and the IPs they've spawned over the years, but not the Fox network or Fox Sports, as owning both Fox and ABC would violate an FCC rule prohibiting mergers between top networks along the lines of those, NBC, et al., and the Justice Department felt Disney owning both ESPN and the latter would give them too much of a grip on cable sports. As such, those assets, plus Fox News and Fox Television Stations, spun off into a new company this past March.

What I'm saying is, Fox doesn't enter into the argument as far as WWE goes, and relations between Comcast and WWE are still well-maintained, so if either party wants a Firefly Fun House haunt for next year, it should just be a matter of a few phone calls.

Reactions: WasabiRyo
Not so fast. Disney owns 21st Century Fox, which covers Fox's film and television production divisions, and the IPs they've spawned over the years, but not the Fox network or Fox Sports, as owning both Fox and ABC would violate an FCC rule prohibiting mergers between top networks along the lines of those, NBC, et al., and the Justice Department felt Disney owning both ESPN and the latter would give them too much of a grip on cable sports. As such, those assets, plus Fox News and Fox Television Stations, spun off into a new company this past March.

What I'm saying is, Fox doesn't enter into the argument as far as WWE goes, and relations between Comcast and WWE are still well-maintained, so if either party wants a Firefly Fun House haunt for next year, it should just be a matter of a few phone calls.
That's true. I forgot they changed the ownerships around for Fox. But I can't imagine it wouldn't still ruffle some feathers over there.

And yes, as I said Comcast/Universal do have a healthy relationship, hence the reupping the deal with RAW, NXT, and the USA network. I'm saying while it should theoretically be an easy deal to make, VKM doesn't tend to let properties he owns get licensed out in a manner like this would require, and right now WWE owns everything Fiend-related. Vinny Mac likes everything to be completely in his control with final say at the very least. That being said, if Bray were to acquire the rights to his character....

I think Disney/Fox IPs depend solely on whoever benefits the most from their use at HHN, and quite honestly in that regard Disney doesn't have much to gain from licensing their stuff out to an event like this.

ive heard disney dislikes uni so much they would never ever play ball lol.
Really because I recalled that they negotiate a deal with trading Oswald, and Al Michaels.

Plus we don’t know if Disney would make a Halloween event for teens, and adults using their horror IPs.

Really because I recalled that they negotiate a deal with trading Oswald, and Al Michaels.

Plus we don’t know if Disney would make a Halloween event for teens, and adults using their horror IPs.

i remember asking if disney would let uni do an Alien house, and the reply was "no way, never"
but i dont remember why

Couldn’t Universal just negotiate a deal with Disney to use some of their horror IPs for HHN?

Disney doesn't want people going to HHN, because if a person goes to USF for a night, they aren't visiting one of their parks. Sure, they appeal to completely different demographics, but there's still a lot of crossover amongst the audiences. And with how many kids have gone to HHN in recent years, Disney has even less incentive to help Universal market their event.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Disney doesn't want people going to HHN, because if a person goes to USF for a night, they aren't visiting one of their parks. Sure, they appeal to completely different demographics, but there's still a lot of crossover amongst the audiences. And with how many kids have gone to HHN in recent years, Disney has even less incentive to help Universal market their event.
Well Disney hasn’t done their own version of HHN with their horror IPs for a older audience yet.

Definitely going into the realms of speculation here but seeing a lot of people mentioning Bill and Ted, icons and anniversary house, why not throw all those together with an anniversary house presented by Bill and Ted? Only been to the event once (HHN28) and will be going next year so could be a daft suggestion but seems to make sense in my mind! Potential for a really cool fun schlocky house there.

Reactions: londonwerecat
No offense guys but ...

<Multiple posts explaining how Ghostbusters bombed with guests and we shouldn't expect 80s comedy to return to the event>

"Hey, how about the lead characters from a 1989 comedy with zero horror elements as icons?!?!"

The point this year is to keep speculation somewhat realistic.

If not icons...suppose we *do* get a retrospective house. Could one use B&T as the "framing device" in that house? As in, they're traveling in the booth to different eras of HHN?

That's true. I forgot they changed the ownerships around for Fox. But I can't imagine it wouldn't still ruffle some feathers over there.

And yes, as I said Comcast/Universal do have a healthy relationship, hence the reupping the deal with RAW, NXT, and the USA network. I'm saying while it should theoretically be an easy deal to make, VKM doesn't tend to let properties he owns get licensed out in a manner like this would require, and right now WWE owns everything Fiend-related. Vinny Mac likes everything to be completely in his control with final say at the very least. That being said, if Bray were to acquire the rights to his character....

Look...I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you on this one. Again, although it was in 2000, an Undertaker house has happened before, so it's not like there isn't a precedent. Also, I'm not a fan of people saying they "know" what Vince/WWE executives would do/say; we simply don't know! I don't know! Everything does fall on Vince in the end, yes, but he may love the idea up to and including being willing to walk through the house at 74 (75 come HHN 30).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.