Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Netflix

I see Carol Danvers and Nick Fury decided to do a spin-off show about what they do in their spare time.

Oddly enough, this actually filmed back at the tail end of 2016, more than a year before Captain Marvel started filming. Seems like Netflix is wanting to capitalize on the Marvel hype train by releasing this while CM is still in theaters.

The initial cast of Cowboy Bebop has been announced, with Spike being played by John Cho.

Additionally, the show will consist of 10 episodes, as it also consists of a cast containing Mustafa Shakir; Daniella Pineda and Alex Hassell.

Always Be My Maybe was a great example of what a Rom-Com should be in this age. The song at the end was hilarious, too.

And if Keanu Reeves doesn’t win something for what is most certainly the best (extended) cameo I think I’ve ever seen, then what are we really doing here?
upload_2019-6-4_2-55-1.gif

Still a little mad Christine McConnell didn't get another season. That show was great.

Geralt

D-ZSeJ8VUAYkfeE.jpg

Yennefer

D-ZSeJ8U0AMN3T7.jpg

Ciri

D-ZSeJ9U8AA09B4.jpg

Interesting. Netflix sure is spending a lot of money bringing proven creators on-board. Which, good for them. They've had a terrible run trying to put out quality movies. Bringing aboard proven creators that know what they're doing will likely turn that trend around. Or one would hope with the money they've been spending.

Interesting. Netflix sure is spending a lot of money bringing proven creators on-board. Which, good for them. They've had a terrible run trying to put out quality movies. Bringing aboard proven creators that know what they're doing will likely turn that trend around. Or one would hope with the money they've been spending.

It's going to be interesting to see how Netflix react to the new streaming environment when they get backed into a corner.

Disney are coming in spending big bucks on new content with a built in audience plus all the content that they own slowly returning to them.

You then have NBC and similar media companies starting their own streaming services and removing further content from Netflix.

For years, we have been screaming for original content which Netflix seems to be pushing but Disney seems to be getting far more hype for their Star Wars and Marvel projects.

It's going to be interesting to see how Netflix react to the new streaming environment when they get backed into a corner.

Disney are coming in spending big bucks on new content with a built in audience plus all the content that they own slowly returning to them.

You then have NBC and similar media companies starting their own streaming services and removing further content from Netflix.

For years, we have been screaming for original content which Netflix seems to be pushing but Disney seems to be getting far more hype for their Star Wars and Marvel projects.
It's interesting because you see all of these streaming services and they're all relying on huge shows basically.

-Amazon is really counting on LotR to be the next GoT. Back catalog is fairly minimal.
- Apple has a few select projects, but practically non-existent back-catalog.
- Netflix has their original shows that hit, but many of them end after only a few seasons and OITNB just ended as well. They have a huge back catalog, but a lot of it sucks. Tbh, Netflix also does virtually no advertising for their shows, so they are relying on their shows creating buzz to get recognized. Netflix has also cornered the market with stand-up specials.
- NBC... i'm not quite sure what they have outside of their hit comedies. Being free/ad-supported is at least something.
- Disney seems to be pushing The Mandalorian as their GoT. Plus they have all the Marvel shows, other originals, and the largest back catalog anyone could ask for for the price.
- Hulu has Handmaid's Tale, Marvel's Runaway's along with a Live TV option and they get many network shows next day. I actually use Hulu the most out of all of my streaming options right now.

Netflix is gonna take a hit certainly, but if they just learn to control their spending a bit more, they should still be fine. There will always be a place for them, they just won't have the whole cake anymore.

It's interesting because you see all of these streaming services and they're all relying on huge shows basically.

-Amazon is really counting on LotR to be the next GoT. Back catalog is fairly minimal.
- Netflix has their original shows that hit, but many of them end after only a few seasons and OITNB just ended as well. They have a huge back catalog, but a lot of it sucks. Tbh, Netflix also does virtually no advertising for their shows, so they are relying on their shows creating buzz to get recognized. Netflix has also cornered the market with stand-up specials.
- NBC... i'm not quite sure what they have outside of their hit comedies. Being free/ad-supported is at least something.
- Disney seems to be pushing The Mandalorian as their GoT. Plus they have all the Marvel shows, other originals, and the largest back catalog anyone could ask for for the price.
- Hulu has Handmaid's Tale, Marvel's Runaway's along with a Live TV option and they get many network shows next day. I actually use Hulu the most out of all of my streaming options right now.

Netflix is gonna take a hit certainly, but if they just learn to control their spending a bit more, they should still be fine. There will always be a place for them, they just won't have the whole cake anymore.

I think Apple is going to be the one who struggles the most. They're a hardware company trying to compete against media companies in a media war.

We could end up being in a situation where Apple buys Netflix to save face.

I think Apple is going to be the one who struggles the most. They're a hardware company trying to compete against media companies in a media war.

We could end up being in a situation where Apple buys Netflix to save face.

I think people are thinking way too simple about service and not the fact that for an international service they have to service an international clientele which includes foreign language programs and more. Which is why Netflix blew up so fast because they made sure that every country was supplied with programs that catered to them. This is why I actually think HBO Max, NBCUniversal, and CBSViacom service will do much better than expected and why Disney may actually not do as well as its very clear that Disney does not understand certain markets well. They each have something Disney currently doesn't have (Warner has a huge anime catalog, NBCUniversal has a massive Spanish/French language catalog, and CBSViacom has rights to so many shows)

Netflix will drop in US but still maintain strength worldwide

I think people are thinking way too simple about service and not the fact that for an international service they have to service an international clientele which includes foreign language programs and more. Which is why Netflix blew up so fast because they made sure that every country was supplied with programs that catered to them. This is why I actually think HBO Max, NBCUniversal, and CBSViacom service will do much better than expected and why Disney may actually not do as well as its very clear that Disney does not understand certain markets well. They each have something Disney currently doesn't have (Warner has a huge anime catalog, NBCUniversal has a massive Spanish/French language catalog, and CBSViacom has rights to so many shows)

Netflix will drop in US but still maintain strength worldwide
Netflix didn't get big with streaming until 2012/13. They've had roughly 7 years or so to build all of that content. Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max, etc all aren't gonna be able to have everything right from the jump. They'll learn where their weaknesses are as they grow and then they will all adapt. Netflix is a mature streaming platform so of course it's going to have a huge presence in the areas you're talking about. It'll be interesting how the landscape is looking in another 7 years down the line.

Netflix is gonna make sure you have to keep them around:

After spending some time on Disney + last night I definitely see myself canceling Netflix soon. While I would watch a Nick streaming services I don’t see much value in keeping Netflix around anymore for me and my household.

After spending some time on Disney + last night I definitely see myself canceling Netflix soon. While I would watch a Nick streaming services I don’t see much value in keeping Netflix around anymore for me and my household.
I can probably do without Netflix, but I need HBOMax along with Hulu to pair with Disney+. Disney+ is great, but I need adult content as well and Disney+ won’t be giving me anything over PG-13.