Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2013 Holidays at Universal

I took my 80 year old mother to Uni yesterday for her first visit since Uni was one park. She has seen most of the Potter movies and wanted to see the WWOHP. She is also a Mannheim Steamroller fan. I pwas pushing her is a wheel chair and got a GAP. As soon as we got into IOA we stopped for Cheese Danish and a Coffee at Croissant Moon Bakery. Then headed to Potter. Even though we had a GAP we choose the Stand-by so she could see the pre-shows. She has trouble walking anyway and had a bit of difficulty with the load platform, but she got it done. She loved the ride even though it made her a bit dizzy. After that we went that we walked through JP, Toon, and then we rode Spider-man. She loved it. Then we saw The Grinchmas Hoo-Laday Spectacacular! Then off to lunch at Emeril's Orlando. After lunch we did a lap around USF and Transformers. She also was blown away with it. We saw the Blues Bros. holiday show and then front row seats for The Macy's Holiday Parade. After that I got my Mom front row form Mannheim where she could stay in the wheelchair. Once again, blown away. After we got front row seats for Universal Cinematic Spectacular. She was blown away. Not from a pyro POV, but content. She told me the story where they saw Psyco on their Honeymoon 49 years ago.

I took my 80 year old mother to Uni yesterday for her first visit since Uni was one park. She has seen most of the Potter movies and wanted to see the WWOHP. She is also a Mannheim Steamroller fan. I pwas pushing her is a wheel chair and got a GAP. As soon as we got into IOA we stopped for Cheese Danish and a Coffee at Croissant Moon Bakery. Then headed to Potter. Even though we had a GAP we choose the Stand-by so she could see the pre-shows. She has trouble walking anyway and had a bit of difficulty with the load platform, but she got it done. She loved the ride even though it made her a bit dizzy. After that we went that we walked through JP, Toon, and then we rode Spider-man. She loved it. Then we saw The Grinchmas Hoo-Laday Spectacacular! Then off to lunch at Emeril's Orlando. After lunch we did a lap around USF and Transformers. She also was blown away with it. We saw the Blues Bros. holiday show and then front row seats for The Macy's Holiday Parade. After that I got my Mom front row form Mannheim where she could stay in the wheelchair. Once again, blown away. After we got front row seats for Universal Cinematic Spectacular. She was blown away. Not from a pyro POV, but content. She told me the story where they saw Psyco on their Honeymoon 49 years ago.

Woah! Your mom is a cool chick! I'm so glad you got to share that with her.

Went to the parks today and watched the Grinchmas show for the first time...Im not going ti lie I thought it sucked :lol:. From the half-a**ed "theming" in the queue to the awkward narrator, needless Martha May character, and a dog who kept messing up, it all seemed very underwhelming. The Grinch had a few funny moments, and I liked how they referenced the limitations of the stage despite what the book says, but other than that I was disappointed that I had wasted half an hour. The rest of IOA is completely lacking in Christmas decorations.

The Studios were great as always, though. The parade is consistently fun. But even then, Universal has the weakest holiday overlay lineup.

This is surprising. I always recall all of Seuss and POE to be heavily decked out in xmas decorations. Is this not the case any longer?

By the rest of IOA I meant aside from Seuss, which still looks great. POE I dont recall being anything extra special :shrug:

I was there last Saturday. The Christmas Tree in the Studios is as breathtaking and beautiful as ever. The Grinchmas Show was cute, even though the line was weaving throughout Suess Landing for it. The Grinchmas decorations were very well done (Loved how they had Who's roaming around and taking pics occasionally), and I enjoyed how decked out the NYC area in the studios was. I bought a Grinchmas hat and got a pic with The Grinch himself. I also LOVE how there is simulated snowfall in Citywalk every 20 mins or so (very surreal). I had a fun time, and would gladly go again (if I could).

I've always liked the parks around Christmastime but now that you mention it, they probably do the least out of all the parks. :lol: Oh well. I'll be there this weekend though! Can't wait to do and see it all.

Weird. I walked through Captain America Diner halfway through HHN and it was decked out for Christmas.

If by decked out you mean a few tiny Christmas trees and some garland then yeah it was decked out. But walking around the park, you dont get the sense they did a whole lot for the holidays...aside from Seuss its just some sparse decorations in the stores/restaurants. Universal's general atmosphere is more festive.

Also, it was my first time seeing the Grinch show in the soundstage. Wow, what a difference from watching the show outdoors. They're able to pack in A LOT of people in those tiny seats. I had no idea it could hold so many people until I was in the front of the line for the next show and saw everybody exiting. The steady never-ending stream of people reminded me of HHN. It's a great show and I'm glad it's getting that much more viewers.

I'm pretty sure some attendance records are being broken this season. Yesterday they had three Simpsons out on Hollywood EACH WITH THEIR OWN LOCATION. I've never seen that happen before.

I'm pretty sure some attendance records are being broken this season. Yesterday they had three Simpsons out on Hollywood EACH WITH THEIR OWN LOCATION. I've never seen that happen before.

The projected attendance on the 27th was apparently 35,000. I dont know if thats a record but it is definitely a lot for Universal.