2016 biggest movie year ever? | Inside Universal Forums

2016 biggest movie year ever?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do you mean the most uninspired year for movies? Because if so, then probably yes.

REALLY hope that the Angry Birds movie takes a nose-dive. There's movie adaptations and then there's just plain crap. The fact that an iphone/Android app has been turned into a movie is beyond ridiculous.

Is the Assassin's Creed movie coming 2016? Or has that been put on hold again? I'll have to look it up...

EDIT: Yup, 12/21/16

Usually when a schedule is so chocked full, it hurts them all. People are only willing to spend so much at the movies.

And 20 superhero movies? Really?

Usually when a schedule is so chocked full, it hurts them all. People are only willing to spend so much at the movies.

And 20 superhero movies? Really?
2015 was pretty full and nobody seemed to feel any hurt this year. In fact, Universal is having a record year.

I don't think Universal's record year will last too long. In 2017, Disney will have Star Wars VIII, Toy Story IV, Pirates V and Guardians 2 all releases, in a 9 week span. Looks like almost 5 billion worldwide between just those four.

batman v superman,capt america cilvil,suicide squad,xman,deadpool,dr strange,ninja turtles,incredibles 2,gambit,sinister six, these i know of i didnt bother looking for direct to dvd movies i think there are two animated dc movies coming out also

I don't think Universal's record year will last too long. In 2017, Disney will have Star Wars VIII, Toy Story IV, Pirates V and Guardians 2 all releases, in a 9 week span. Looks like almost 5 billion worldwide between just those four.
in 2017 its a spinoff movie rogue 1