2024 Holidays at Universal Orlando | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

2024 Holidays at Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Both last year and this year it opens the Friday before Thanksgiving. The calendar just jumped this year with the 1st falling on a Friday.
Good point. Since 2017, when the holiday celebrations began starting before Thanksgiving, we've seen the following gaps:

2017: 5 days before Thanksgiving
2018: 5
2019: 12
2020: 12
2021: 12
2022: 12
2023: 6
2024: 6

Reactions: fryoj
Smart move announcing it early since guests would have certainly made plans to arrive a week earlier fully expecting it to be holiday time and now they can move accordingly if needed.

Now we just need Mannheim Steamroller dates and a few more details about offerings but I still think it's one of the best holiday events in Orlando, especially without an additional cost.

Reactions: Nico and Mad Dog
for what it's worth, here are some numbers. the gap between the last night of horror nights (11/3) and the first night of the holidays (11/22) is 19 days. that's about a week longer than the past few years, which have ranged from 12-14 days (so, two weeks) since Universal moved the holidays up in 2017.

I'm hesitant to assign a why to this because, well, I don't know why. but if they're communicating the dates this far in advance, I'm inclined to lean toward a "who cares."View attachment 22511
Agreed, I have no clue why and since they announced it now I don't think it matters. I was more curious as to why so late when they could clearly do a week earlier.

Wonder if there's any chance of a Holiday version of CineSational? If not, a Holiday version & an updated parade would be nice in the coming years.
I am just hoping they run CineSational to be honest with you, they need more shows/offerings in such a busy time.

Smart move announcing it early since guests would have certainly made plans to arrive a week earlier fully expecting it to be holiday time and now they can move accordingly if needed.

Now we just need Mannheim Steamroller dates and a few more details about offerings but I still think it's one of the best holiday events in Orlando, especially without an additional cost.
I have to disagree. I think it is near the bottom for offerings. SW blows it away in offerings and Disney decorations along with Candlelight processional with santas around the world in Epcot are better. I get that their other parks don't do much, so I give Disney and Uni a tie. But I would also say that capacity is less of an issue at MK so they can handle the holiday crowds better than IOA and Studios. Disney also runs their normal day/nighttime stuff during the holidays where Universal tends to not do their normal parade/fireworks. If they offer Cinesational it will be a little better this year.

But I can't believe anyone thinks Universal is better than SW. That is the one and only advantage SW has in Orlando is its free holiday offerings both Halloween and Christmas. I put SW dead dead dead last on everything else.