2024 Mardi Gras | Inside Universal Forums

2024 Mardi Gras

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
I guess we never made a thread...

Yes, saw that on the main page a week or so ago. Good to see Universal gave a good lead time notice. Makes it easier for vacation plans. I enjoyed my time there in very early 2020, right before covid shut everything down.

Universal Orlando has announced that reservations are now open for the returning Mardi Gras Float Ride and Dine Experience for 2024's Mardi Gras, which returns to Universal Studios Florida from February 3 through April 7, 2024.

READ MORE:

Riding the float and throwing out beads is a LOT of fun, but it's exhausting! Just when you think you've thrown out all the beads, there's more...

• Haha
Reactions: UNIrd
Riding the float and throwing out beads is a LOT of fun, but it's exhausting! Just when you think you've thrown out all the beads, there's more...
I always liked it a lot and would love for my kids to experience it. I have done it thru being an AP holder and Amex Card holder. Is the pay way the only way to go now?

I've ended my self imposed moratorium on Universal Orlando. Alene really wants to experience their Mardi Gras. I did it briefly the month before covid hit, and it was lots of fun. So yesterday I purchased out of state AP's again (I had them for 11 years prior to quitting it), and booked a short (for us) one week stay at Cabana Bay. It will be nice to see my good friend Dave @Disneyhead and his gorgeous girlfriend Lisa again.

I've ended my self imposed moratorium on Universal Orlando. Alene really wants to experience their Mardi Gras. I did it briefly the month before covid hit, and it was lots of fun. So yesterday I purchased out of state AP's again (I had them for 11 years prior to quitting it), and booked a short (for us) one week stay at Cabana Bay. It will be nice to see my good friend Dave @Disneyhead and his gorgeous girlfriend Lisa again.
I am so excited to share Mardi Gras with my kids. My oldest was too young last time we went and she doesn't remember much. It is always a great time!

Reactions: Nico and Mad Dog
EDIT: What are the odds I post this the morning they make the announcement with additional info??? (Granted, I posted since others posted for the first time in a while).

Deleting the original post.

Last edited:
  • Feb. 3: Walker Hayes
  • Feb. 10: The All-American Rejects
  • Feb. 17: Elle King
  • Feb. 18: KC and the Sunshine Band
  • Feb. 24: Barenaked Ladies
  • March 2: DJ Khaled
  • March 9: Ava Max
  • March 10: Queen Latifah
  • March 16: Luis Fonsi
  • March 17: Zedd

Universal Orlando has announced full details on 2024's Mardi Gras event, including the concert line-up and this year's theme- the Elements!

I kind of get why this was as late in the game as it is for announcing the lineup—amazing picks all around; especially with Ava Max rising up in popularity, she’ll bring a really good sized crowd.

Yeah, this is probably one of the best lineups they've put together in a long time and it has a lot of appeal to a lot of different people too. Seems specifically targeted to Millennials currently (since this is kind of prime spending years for Millennials and many may be vacationing with a child), but they threw in a few different acts that also appeal to other both younger and older generations.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just getting around to reading more details and nice to see confirmation that Cursed Coconut is continuing on:

"The Mardi Gras festivities extend to CityWalk with specially-themed food and drink offerings in a number of venues. Be sure to check out The After Party and Fat Tuesday at Pat O’Brien’s. The Mardi Gras party has also taken over the Red Coconut Club and transformed it into the Cursed Coconut Club."

Really hoping the churros from last year make a return as well hah.

I've been trying to patiently wait wait for info to come out, but I'm heading to Universal in 2 weeks with my nephew and will be there for 4 days of Mardi Gras. Booked a package deal with a stay at Aventura, a 5 day ticket for him (I have an AP) and then the Dine and Ride Float experience.

The reservations really have no information about the Float experience so I was curious how that works? I know it includes a 3-course meal at an assigned restaurant, but I think Universal closes at 6pm the day we do it so does that mean the dinner is after the parade or do we have to eat at like 3pm? I'm assuming that reservations are made for us if we have to do it pre-parade to make sure we plenty of time to eat (a late lunch) and make it to wherever we meet for the parade? I hope when we get to the hotel and check in and get the tickets and stuff there will be more info provided.
Here's what I was able to find on Universal Studios' website. It appears that you need to show up to one of the four restaurants on the day of your Float Riding Experience — two of them are in CityWalk, so dinner should still be an option if the park closes at 6 p.m.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 08.22.58.png

Reactions: MrRoamer and Neo
So I thought I had AP holder reservations for the float, but there was a glitch and instead of 5 of us having spots, only I do. I called the number provided when I discovered the e-mail only listed me and tech support had me on hold and then tried to help and after many on hold attempts could not figure it out and sent me to customer service for another 30 minute wait. They right away told me this is something that happened to a ton of people and that is why my wait was so long. They put me on hold as they said there are two known issues. One is the e-mail is wrong and system does have all of the reservations and the other is the e-mail while also wrong, the system matches the e-mail. Mine is unfortunately the one where the system and e-mail match even though I entered 5. There is nothing they can do to fix the issue I had as the event is booked up now. He suggested virtual queue for the day I have reservations for the other 4. BUT I will say everyone I spoke to was really friendly and they did make it up and did give me something else that is actually something I almost think is better since I can still try VQ every day we go and try again next year. I just want my kids to experience it once before we stop being AP holders.

It seemed very widespread based on how quickly he jumped to let me check which kind you are and when he came back he right away said what he was comping me with.

So a minus for IT as seriously?!? But a plus for Customer Service.

Reactions: MrRoamer