A Celebration of Harry Potter 2015 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

A Celebration of Harry Potter 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the guide, that was really helpful. I have never been to any of the Harry Potter events, so I decided to book a package. It is definitely quite a premium to get the package versus hotel and park tickets separately, but I likely won’t make it back to Universal for a while so wanted to make the most of a quick weekend trip. I had a hard time deciding between Cabana Bay and Royal Pacific, but as much as I wanted to try Cabana Bay, I went with Royal Pacific as I have gotten too used to the front-of-line access. Of course late January, maybe everything will be walk on and I wouldn’t have needed it :smiley:

Universal has announced who will be the special guests this year:

Michael Gambon (Dumbledore)
Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid)
Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)
The Phelps Twins (The Weasley Twins)

Yay more weasely twins, Gambon is such a wonderful actor I'd love to see him talk. Overall solid line up, just wish it wasn't a weekend long

You had no idea? You are here every day and this event has been promoted since December or earlier. How did you miss it?
I honestly don't know, never really followed or cared about the event because I knew there would probably be a 100% chance I wouldn't go. What a surprise!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Do standby for Gringott's at least once. You miss the pre-show and a somewhat scenic queue doing single rider.

Oh don't worry I will, I've waited this long I'd wait 3 hours to get on the damn thing

I'll be there. Flying into Orlando around 12:30pm on Friday, and am scheduled for the evening event that night (booked the event package). One thing I'm curious on is that in the details they sent, the park closes at 6pm, but the event doesn't start until 7:30pm. It says you will be directed to a holding area, but that's 90 minutes to wait. I'm hoping maybe they have some restaurants open during that wait. There was no information that I saw on when the evening event ends (hoping at least midnight).

I can't confirm for this event but normally when when universal does a holding area. There's a restroom and drink/food near by. As for food could be park snacks or full meals.

Alright sweet babies I'm gonna be there on Sunday waiting in the autograph line at 7 in the morning cause I'm a badass. If you see a skinny ittalian hunk with his grandmother, that's me. Follow me @coleycow on Instagram for a better idea of what I look like. Hope to see some of you there

Alright sweet babies I'm gonna be there on Sunday waiting in the autograph line at 7 in the morning cause I'm a badass. If you see a skinny ittalian hunk with his grandmother, that's me. Follow me @coleycow on Instagram for a better idea of what I look like. Hope to see some of you there

If I'm looking at the right account you look a lot like the lead singer of Panic at the Disco...just saying...

Back on topic...I am unable to attend this year..boo...but if someone could take a ton of picture for me...I mean..everyone who is not able to go that'd be grand..

If I'm looking at the right account you look a lot like the lead singer of Panic at the Disco...just saying...

Back on topic...I am unable to attend this year..boo...but if someone could take a ton of picture for me...I mean..everyone who is not able to go that'd be grand..

LOL some tell me I look like the love child of the little kid from wizards of waverly place, doctor Frankenstein and an ostrich. That's probably me though, I'll be sure to share a ton of pictures. Got a great wand box for them to all sign too, I'm super excited!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Aww hopefully he gets better, Robbie is one of my favorite Brittish actors, would be a real shame if he wasn't there

Seth Kubersky (TP) is saying the Universal onsite hotels are nearly completely booked for the weekend. He expects larger crowds than predicted.

I went on Sunday. I didn't do the expo. The description seemed remarkably similar to last year's, and the line had an estimated wait of 120 minutes the first time I passed it (around 2pm maybe). It was down to 45 minutes when I passed it again on the way to the talent Q&A, but would have missed the Q&A at that point and it closed at 5pm. Interestingly it looked like the Sorting Hat had it's own line this time. I waited for that last year as well, and by the time you got to do it yourself you'd already heard the various canned phrases multiple times making it somewhat anti-climactic.

I liked that the Q&A was in the open air theater under Rockit rather than Toon Lagoon theater. Much better opportunity for people who just want a glimpse of the talent without having to queue up an hour or so beforehand. I didn't attempt to get an autograph ticket in the morning. I got some awesome pictures of the back of this monitor.