Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Celebration of Harry Potter - 2017

How should I expect this event to affect crowds?
The Orlando Informer says that weekend should be a slow weekend but I'm not sure if they're taking this event into account.
I'll be there the 27th through the 29th and was hoping for minimal crowds and wait times. A stark contrast from my August visit.

How should I expect this event to affect crowds?
The Orlando Informer says that weekend should be a slow weekend but I'm not sure if they're taking this event into account.
I'll be there the 27th through the 29th and was hoping for minimal crowds and wait times. A stark contrast from my August visit.
Crowds shouldn't be too bad, WWoHP might be busier than average over these days.

Crowds shouldn't be too bad, WWoHP might be busier than average over these days.
So probably 60-90 minute waits for FJ and Gringotts? I've never been during the celebrations and didn't really mean to do it this time, just sort of worked out that way. Looking forward to it regardless

So probably 60-90 minute waits for FJ and Gringotts? I've never been during the celebrations and didn't really mean to do it this time, just sort of worked out that way. Looking forward to it regardless

There will be a good amount of crowds - but they will all be focusing on everything Potter. Should probably knock out Potter attractions first thing in the morning but all other attraction wait times should be tolerable.

I have found the touring plans crowd calendar to be a lot more accurate and they say it's going to be dead to moderate overall, but I do agree the potter areas should be relatively crowded.

In the morning FJ runs very few vehicles to intentionally grow the line until it reaches the greenhouse.

So even if you're first in line it's gonna be a while. Ride it at dusk. It's never busy at dusk.

I really hope the castle show incorporates fireworks.. I'm a complete (safe) pyro, go nuts for a good fireworks show, put on a massive show every Independence Day for my family..

Even as crappily designed show as this was, it still gave me chills and goosebumps because of the HP soundtrack playing in the background..

Universal theme parks keep counting on Potter magic - Orlando Sentinel

I'm surprised that noone has mentioned this yet, but this is the first year that the event will have one of it's "Expo" locations within a Soundstage near the Bowl.

The new hall is located at Soundstage 21, which has been used for Halloween Horror Nights for multiple years; as both the Soundstage 33 expo hall and Soundstage 21 expo hall have different lines to enter.

The SS21 expo hall contains Warner Bros. Games, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter, Pottermore/Audible, & Harry Potter and the Cursed Child while SS23's expo hall contains Scholastic, Minalima, Harry Potter: The Exhibition and Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.

Does anyone know what time the big announcement is tomorrow? I'm flying to Colorado to go skiing and want to know when I can expect to check the inter webs..

Have they made the Follow the Spiders announcement that was set for today?

Maybe we'll get a spider flat ride..
smilie_HarrryPotter2.gif

15275689_706233982867613_6926916404515962880_n.jpg

IF we do get a Forbidden Forest ride (and that's a big if), I hope its one of those SFX Coasters that Dynamic Attraction was showing at IAAPA a couple of years ago. I believe they're building one out at Ferrari World in Dubai but I could be mistaken.

I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever is announced though because I'm a big Potter fanatic.