Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Day At Epcot - worth it?

Sep 12, 2017
Hello all,

My husband and I are going to Universal Orlando the last week of February. Today, I found out that the Garden show is starting that same week at EPCOT. We had just missed it last time we went to Disney many years back, and I would LOVE to be able to see all of the landscaping and flowers.

The thing is, I see that for us to get a one-day pass to EPCOT would run us $200... I'm wondering if it's worth it. That's actually a significant amount of money for us; I don't want to spend that kind of money only to be disappointed. Does anyone have any thoughts, input, suggestions?

Thanks! OMG only 15 more days, I'm SO EXCITED!! (especially since we got another foot of snow yesterday) :)

If you're really into gardens & landscaping like we are, it's really worth it. The gardens and topiaries are really beautiful and are everywhere in the park. As an added plus, the food booths now are as good as food and wine festival. Even though Epcot Future World attractions are not what they once were, it's still certainly a one to two day park worth of attractions, films in the WS countries, entertainment, night show, exploring the country pavilions. Do a full 12 hour day and you certainly get your money's worth.

Yes, a single day ticket for Epcot is a lot of cash. Have you seen any trip reports or coverage of Flower and Garden yet? If not I can link some of my favorites so you can gauge if it's something you'd want to spend money to see.

Hello all,

My husband and I are going to Universal Orlando the last week of February. Today, I found out that the Garden show is starting that same week at EPCOT. We had just missed it last time we went to Disney many years back, and I would LOVE to be able to see all of the landscaping and flowers.

The thing is, I see that for us to get a one-day pass to EPCOT would run us $200... I'm wondering if it's worth it. That's actually a significant amount of money for us; I don't want to spend that kind of money only to be disappointed. Does anyone have any thoughts, input, suggestions?

Thanks! OMG only 15 more days, I'm SO EXCITED!! (especially since we got another foot of snow yesterday) :)
It won't cost more to take a free monorail ride through Future World and see if it is enough to make you get off and buy a ticket. I think you will buy, it is quite a landscape show.

It won't cost more to take a free monorail ride through Future World and see if it is enough to make you get off and buy a ticket. I think you will buy, it is quite a landscape show.

That's a good idea, you can get a great overview of what's there on the monorail (at least for the front areas)

I've never been to Flower and Garden, so I won't comment on that.

I do think that dining is a big part of Epcot. I would expect to be spending some more money on top of tickets to get good food. Epcot's great food will probably be at a higher price point than most of Universal's food.

I mean, in general day tickets to Disney or Universal are never worth it. They'e specifically priced that way. How long are you really here? You honestly can't spend a whole week at Universal without a lot of repetition.

^ This. Flower & Garden my favorite time of year to go. But keep in mind your $100 ticket is basically a cover charge so you can spend $200 more at the various food and beverage booths around the lagoon. I couldn't justify that.

Maybe if a band you love is playing--chance to see three sets basically amounting to a full show--but otherwise I can't recommend it.

I just got back from a Disney trip and I personally love Epcot. That is a bit on the expensive side, but Epcot is really fun, Test Track is one of my favorite rides and Soarin is really cool too.