Alien: Romulus (2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Alien: Romulus (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
6/10

On a technical standpoint, this movie is phenomenal. The sets, practical effects, world building, all amazing. I just wish the writing was stronger. I felt the movie also dragged a lot in the 2nd act. It's a bummer because I don't think this is a bad movie but it could've been so much better... The characters were just boring and they didn't do anything interesting with them in my opinion. Also like another poster said, not nearly enough gore as there should've been lol. I might rewatch this movie to give it another chance but idk. I absolutely love Fede Alvarez's Evil Dead (2013) movie, it's probably my favorite horror movie so my expectations for Romulus were probably too high because of that.

Edit: Another thing, the 3rd act I don't think was nearly as crazy as people keep saying it is. It's fun and a little wild but like... it's not jaw dropping or anything imo. The First Omen did something similar and that was more crazy/disturbing. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this movie though just to see the Rain/Andy characters explored further. There's potential

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I'm surprised that they went with that second ending considering the past of the franchise. I literally could not believe that's what they did.
I still can't believe it.