Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

American Dream (NJ)

Yeah, kind of shady. Especially since the park isn't even fully open yet (at least on of the coasters is still testing).

Water Park is opening is officially (re-)announced as March 19th. Tickets are on sale and insanely priced at $99 (for comparison, Volcano Bay’s non-discounted day ticket is $80).

Mall's are the dinosaurs of the 2020's. Just end it now, it'll die in a few years even if it opens. There's not enough retailers to fill these anymore, plus people's shopping habits have changed. Even a half hearted amusement park won't sustain this.

NJ still goes to malls. Not as much as they used to, for sure, hence some NJ malls downsizing, but it’s still a part of the culture, in my experience. I think the American Dream has a lot going for it, and enough unique attractions for it to break apart from the pack (North Jersey is already home to many large luxury malls), but it just seems like such a hassle. Not to mention, they’re trying to recoup any costs they can, so ticket prices for the parks are sky high. Families aren’t gonna pay those day ticket prices, and they didnt for the few months they were open. The park was dead all winter.

I think they have a fighting chance if they can

1) Provide the unique variety of stores and attractions they promised.

2) Streamline the experience and make it more fun and accessible for families. (Like, sell food in your parks, to start?)

3) Bring down the price for attractions. I know they think they’re catering to tourists, but they’re smack dab in the middle of one of the most densely populated areas in the country. Why would you not take advantage of that? Tourists will not leave NYC to visit this mall. At least not in the numbers they need to keep the mall alive.

I live in NJ and had near 0 interest in going to this mall. Between the malls in my area already having most stores I'd want to go to, the downside for me would be it's practicially driving into NYC traffic wise, so it's a pain to get into and out of. During giants games when they let out it would be a nightmare.

This project is cursed.