Apple TV+ | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Apple TV+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow that's much cheaper than I was expecting. I'm still going to hold off on getting this though, unless I hear that the original shows they have are REEEEALLY good.

Apple is now funding Scorsese's new film with Paramount still distributing it theatrically first. This is an exciting move that could get more prestigious filmmakers away from Netflix if this is successful.
I can’t believe he actually convinced someone to pay for a drama so ridiculously expensive. Even more than The Irishman.

I can’t believe he actually convinced someone to pay for a drama so ridiculously expensive. Even more than The Irishman.
Deadline says every studio wanted Killers of the Flower Moon when he was shopping around with Universal and MGM coming close. The Irishman made almost 10M from 500 theaters, most of which showed it right when it came out on Netflix; if it had a normal theatrical release without streaming, it very likely would have made 100M+ domestically and turned a profit. The Irishman's buzz combined with this being a DiCaprio-led film makes it a fairly easy bet even with the high price tag.

Deadline says every studio wanted Killers of the Flower Moon when he was shopping around with Universal and MGM coming close. The Irishman made almost 10M from 500 theaters, most of which showed it right when it came out on Netflix; if it had a normal theatrical release without streaming, it very likely would have made 100M+ domestically and turned a profit. The Irishman's buzz combined with this being a DiCaprio-led film makes it a fairly easy bet even with the high price tag.
The movie is going to cost $180-$200M before marketing. This movie is gonna damn near need to perform like Wolf of Wall Street (Scorsese’s highest grossing film at $370M WW) to make money.

A drama should not cost this much money to make.

Reactions: Andysol
This show just released its first two episodes today. From the creators of Bob’s Burgers, the show is an animated musical-comedy. It’s great so far.

This is the only thing I've seen on Apple TV+ and I'm loving it. Worth the watch if you've got a free subscription

Just finished watching Defending Jacob, the cast were fantastic and I really enjoyed it, although the ending wasn't quite as satisfying as I had hoped.

See was also pretty good - worth a watch for total escapism (which I think we could all do with right now!)

I get why Apple wants to make Peanuts exclusive. Apple TV+ feels like it’s close to being a first-class streaming service a la Netflix. It just needs a couple of big hits to break that barrier.

As somebody who loves his iPhone, it feels like Apple is trying to trap me even deeper into their world. Apple TV+ hooked me briefly (hi Central Park) and I’m already looking forward to Sophia Coppola’s movie.

Just watched the Ryan Reynolds/Will Ferrell Christmas musical Spirited. This is probably the first great modern Christmas movie since Elf. Definitely worth a watch.

Agreed, watched it with my parents and even though they didn't like it (they're not fans of musicals), I thought it was very enjoyable and can so easily translate on stage.

Reactions: Nick
Just watched the Ryan Reynolds/Will Ferrell Christmas musical Spirited. This is probably the first great modern Christmas movie since Elf. Definitely worth a watch.

Klaus would like a word. But I agree, Apple has a winner here if folks bother to check it out.

Reactions: Nick and SeventyOne
Klaus would like a word. But I agree, Apple has a winner here if folks bother to check it out.
Funny enough just watched Klaus for the first time last night

Beautiful Animation and a good story. I dont know whats missing for me but not sure its up there with Elf/Christmas Story as movies I think I could rewatch but Klaus message on what Christmas is about is 100% on point and great for any person at any age to watch for sure