Arcane: League of Legends | Inside Universal Forums

Arcane: League of Legends

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 13, 2018
Really enjoyed this last night. A really tight three episode arc with amazing animation and painterly visuals (think Spider-Verse but emulating concept art instead of comic books). It's also surprisingly brutal and mature for Western animation, and doesn't require any knowledge of the video game.

Watched the first episode and very Well done.

Makes me want an Overwatch and Apex Legends Show ever more...and no clue how studios can't just copy this and Castvania. Why do we have to get stuff like the new Uncarted film and the WOW movie....why can't they spend just a little bit more cash on people who love the source characters and know how to make you interested in the world.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
This animation style would work so well for just about any darker fantasy property, I love it.

Dresden Files, Stormlight Archive/Cosmere, it all works.

Watched the first episode and very Well done.

Makes me want an Overwatch and Apex Legends Show ever more...and no clue how studios can't just copy this and Castvania. Why do we have to get stuff like the new Uncarted film and the WOW movie....why can't they spend just a little bit more cash on people who love the source characters and know how to make you interested in the world.
I've been wanting a Justice League style animated Overwatch series, especially if it's gonna be another couple of years before Overwatch 2 happens.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I have no interest in ever playing the game, I'm only familiar with certain characters in passing and the KDA music videos. That said, I've very thoroughly enjoyed the 5 episodes I've watched so far. Fantastic art style and animation, plus it's successfully gotten me invested in the story.

So, I am two episodes in. And this is for someone who thinks about this intently:

This is the best animated project in years. Even just from these first two episodes I saw, the love and care RIOT and the animation company Fortiche has made something truly cinematic for television. I loved their past League shorts, but none of them compare to the 83 minutes we have here. Stopping before my sleep, but this is on my go-to for watching. And I can't wait to see it further.

So, I am two episodes in. And this is for someone who thinks about this intently:

This is the best animated project in years. Even just from these first two episodes I saw, the love and care RIOT and the animation company Fortiche has made something truly cinematic for television. I loved their past League shorts, but none of them compare to the 83 minutes we have here. Stopping before my sleep, but this is on my go-to for watching. And I can't wait to see it further.
I always think its funny when anyone says this.

We have a ton of amazing Animated shows happening and movies. Into the Spider Verse is amazing and came out pretty recently Young Justice is a solid adult series in its 4th season. invincible, Castlevania and Infinite Train are all in their own right amazing as well.

I love this show get praises but think its weird when other amazing projects get ignored because they aren't the hot show this week.

I always think its funny when anyone says this.

We have a ton of amazing Animated shows happening and movies. Into the Spider Verse is amazing and came out pretty recently Young Justice is a solid adult series in its 4th season. invincible, Castlevania and Infinite Train are all in their own right amazing as well.

I love this show get praises but think its weird when other amazing projects get ignored because they aren't the hot show this week.

The reason why I have it on a high bar, is because of just how large and grand it feels. It doesn't feel like a TV show, it feels like a movie series, that was cut into chapters ala the Snyder Cut.

Might it turn off people, I agree and I can see that. But there is nothing like Arcane out there in the sphere.

Castlevania, Infinite Train, and Invincible are great shows, but to me; none of them have the amount of potential and emphasis on scale that Arcane does. Enough to the point of where I'd say it's better than Into The Spider-Verse because of it's character writing and sound design. I love both, but Arcane just feels way too damn good. Especially with Act's 2 and 3 out of the way.

Ella Purnell as Powder/Jinx really nails it all home as-well, in a great portrayal of that kind of mental insecurity and self doubt, emphasized by her character's actions, words, and mannerisms. I really can't wait to see where things go from here with Arcane, as I hope S2 isn't far behind.

Reactions: Tristan and Grabnar