Attractions that should retire | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Attractions that should retire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I'd like to see upgrades with T2, Twister, Disaster, and Shrek, the 3 biggest glaring issues are FFL, KidsZone, and Toon Lagoon theater.

I mentioned this in The Stash, retheme FFL into the Roman Colessium and put in a Gladiator show. With the exception of ET, retheme KidsZone into an Ice Age land. Demolish Toon Lagoon theater and build a Scooby Doo ride. Rename Toon Lagoon into Cartoon Lagoon.

While I'd like to see upgrades with T2, Twister, Disaster, and Shrek, the 3 biggest glaring issues are FFL, KidsZone, and Toon Lagoon theater.

I mentioned this in The Stash, retheme FFL into the Roman Colessium and put in a Gladiator show. With the exception of ET, retheme KidsZone into an Ice Age land. Demolish Toon Lagoon theater and build a Scooby Doo ride. Rename Toon Lagoon into Cartoon Lagoon.

I agree with almost all that especially the Gladiator and Scooby Doo. But for me I never got into the Ice Age movies. I really want a new major dark ride to go along with E.T. in the Kid Zone. My pick would be TMNT for the ride and something else for the themed Kid Zone.

I love twister too...I know its not a ride but Id hate to lose it unless they were going to keep it as a walk through attraction type the way it is. You have to have things like that in a theme park. people always forget that everyone isnt a teenager looking for a coaster. to make the most money you have to have a reason the parents and grandparents want to pay to be there too other than to wait on benches. walk through attractions like Twister and shows like Terminator are what keep other generations around. you cant alienate the whole older generation just to have whats new. It has to be a combination. Disneys still making little mermaid attractions and look at how old that is. Im not good at examples but Im just saying as an older-ish guy whos parents are seniors that love the parks as well I can see from their eyes. kids bring the big business but someone has to want to bring them there.does that make sense?
and I love Twister lol

I agree with this 100%. I too use the Little Mermaid example. :thumbs:

In addition to all things mentioned, it's 15 years old and now a classic, it's something 'everyone' can do, it's also one of those attractions where anyone from anywhere can understand.
I still have yet to see the Transformers movies, and even though I enjoyed the ride I had no idea what was going on. Twister describes what it is in the title. A twister. Guests know if they go inside they will see a tornado in some capacity. If they read a sign or a guidemap they'll know it's a show.
So even if you've never seen the movie, don't even know the movie existed, you can still fully understand the concept of Twister. This could also be said for Earthquake before the re-do. When I was a kid and went on Earthquake I didn't know it was a real movie. I thought it was all pretend, including a movie named Earthquake. :lol:

This could also be said for Earthquake before the re-do. When I was a kid and went on Earthquake I didn't know it was a real movie. I thought it was all pretend, including a movie named Earthquake. :lol:

Me too, never knew earthquake was a movie and loved it as a kid. I got to be selected as a participant and it made my day!!!

The more I think about it, the more I actually think Shrek should stay. It does pull people from the streets, and watching Shrek the other day made me realize what a good IP it is. There are many recognizable characters and lines, which is good for merchandise sales and also guest recognition. Seeing Shrek on the advertisements for Universal is a lotttt stronger than seeing Twister, Men in Black, Terminator, The Mummy, heck maybe even the Simpsons and definitely ET. It resonates with families and being 12 years old now, has proven to stand the test of time. Maybe the show isn't the greatest but that can be fixed. The IP should definitely stay. Not to mention the queue and pre-show are pretty well-done.

Another favorite to many families that I personally know. That rides been on the commercials since it opened. It won't be going anywhere for a while.