Audition Tips for 2024? | Inside Universal Forums

Audition Tips for 2024?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 30, 2018
Hello all,
My apologies but I wasn't sure if this needed a new thread.
I'm hoping to join the spooky family again this year.
Been working out and hitting the gym to prepare.
Planning on working 2 or 3 days a week as I'll have to work this around my full-time job.
I am Alumni for 2019, 2015, and 2013 so I didn't have a traditional audition.

My girlfriend wants to join this year and it's been a while since I've actually auditioned.
I think I remember needing to "scare the cone/chair" and then you perform with the rest of the group.
Is that still the process?

I told her that it doesn't matter much "what" you do just be unique and don't be afraid to look silly.
Any more advice? Does anybody know if they'll have more General Auditions this year and what day they might land on?

Reactions: MrRoamer
Super late! But auditions still consist of two components: a group improv exercise where everyone is given prompts and told to act in certain scenarios. The second part is an individual audition where you'll be told to act out a scenario: sometimes it's creating a unique monster, reacting to something, or having a death scene. Just encourage her to be loud, be shameless, and take up space. They're always looking for people unafraid to be big and bold.

1000008395.jpg
Had to dig this out of my email, but one day heads up is better than nothing lol

As far as auditions go:
- check-in. Do paperwork. Wait.

- group audition where you "act like a monster/killer stalking its prey, then as the music ramps up, go for the kill!"
**NOTE: Don't touch each other or the cones, but you can react to each other.

- next you have to "scare the cones" (aka park guests) individually as any monster/psycho/killer. It's nerve-wracking trying to decide what to do. I always default to feral vampire lol
**NOTE: again, NEVER touch the cones!

- Then you will line-up infront of the judges and "die". However, you can NOT die the same way as the previous person, so it's better to be one of the first than last.

Apparently this year, for the "park guest" cones, they actually went the extra mile & had foam pool noodle stick figures in them. So you actually had to be careful of the "arms".

Lastly, you then wait outside the audition room full of anxiety for them to come back out. They'll then call the number of people who made the cut & be given a "golden ticket". Even IF you get the golden ticket, it does NOT mean you're cast. It just means they liked what they saw & you're good enough to be a scareactor.

I've auditioned 4 times in the past, only made the cut 3 times but never cast. Did end up working as staff 2 of those 4 years though. (Was a scareactor for LA Haunted Hayride once & Knotts twice though). I was tempted to audition this year, but decided to enjoy haunt season as a guest instead.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
While NOT Scareactor auditions, if you're wanting to experience the backside of water behind the screams TERRORtory of HHN, they're currently hiring for "House Hosts". (Pay: $18/hr)
House Host - Halloween Horror Nights – Universal Studios Hollywood – 507641 -

I've done it twice- Route 666 (2014) aka the guinea pig year for the trek to the Metro Sets & Halloween 4 (2018). It's a good experience when you've only been on the "guest side" of the event.