Avatar 3 (2025) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pickup shoots are happening for Avatar 3. They have some more shoots in June and then it's just VFX.

Disney must be frothing at the mouth hearing that Cameron wants this franchise to continue essentially forever.

I liked THE WAY OF WATER quite a bit, and am looking forward to seeing 3... but I really wish we'd get to see Cameron direct something non-AVATAR again before his career is over.
I think he'll end up retiring after Avatar 5, but I agree. Having binged most of his filmography lately, I would love to see him do one last R-rated movie, but I do think TWOW has a lot of the emotional maturity in it's themes and story that T2 and The Abyss have.

Reactions: belloq87
No. Avatar 3 has been shot. Roughly 25% of Avatar 4 has been shot at the same time as Avatar 3 filming. Because they needed footage of the kids when they were still young. Cameron said he doesn’t plan to go back into film the remainder of Avatar 4 until 2026 at which 4 & 5 will be shot back to back.