Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix) | Inside Universal Forums

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
I was surprised to see there wasn't a thread for this show already, figured I should make one. Really hope this show is great. The original animated series is one of my all-time favorite shows and we already had a really bad adaptation of it, we don't need a 2nd awful one.

The trailer looked fine enough, definitely pretty good visually. We'll have to see about performances and writing though.

I think there is room for a more adult-take on A:TLA, because as much as I really enjoy the series, there definitely are some Nicktoons-y elements that cause it to grind a bit on me at moments. It's part of why I enjoyed Korra S1 when I last saw it, because it went into the world from an older perspective with less fart jokes and the like.

I am worried though about only 8 episodes, I'm interested to see what gets cut and if the pacing can keep the strengths of the original. I would hate for it to feel rushed or surface level because they can only afford 8 episodes or so.

Reactions: saint.piss
I love Avatar and Korra....and the prequels books about past avatars

If the Show is as good as the One Piece adaptation then great but...the creators left because netflix wanted to change things to fit the "modern" audience which we will see what that means

I hope its good but at the same time netflix has hurt me before.......like Death Note adaptation

It's hard for me to muster up much excitement for a remake when we already know the original creators are working on multiple entirely new films/shows in the same universe.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
19 years :skull:

EDIT: I'm sure I told this story before, but we actually forced our family to leave USH early in the summer of 2008 when we saw a commercial in the Nickelodeon ball pit telling us that the Avatar S3 finale would be airing that night. Granted this was 2008 USH, at 2008 USH prices.

Last edited:
I thought the first season was just OKAY. It had some really great things (Zuko/Iroh, Suki, etc) but a lot of the acting/writing/cinematography fell flat. Albeit still enjoyable and entertaining. I think if they really respond to the criticisms for the next two seasons they can make this show work and I hope they do, I'm excited to see how they execute the rest of the story honestly. Curious if they're already planning a Legend of Korra live action as well.... Feel like that show would be easier/better to adapt to live-action and I personally would love to see it happen

Reactions: Wesker69
Watched the first episode

I liked the back story stuff but the things they adapted from the show so far.....aren't as interesting as the OG show

The nice thing about Netflix shows is that all episodes drop on one day, so you only have to hear about them for a week rather than two months...

Uh, shoutouts to people having stable income streams I guess.

EDIT: Actual positive note, this is a great signal for the success and continued support of the new Paramount animated films.

Last edited:
My GF finished the show

But i told her to go on without me....I'll try season 2

While there was some great new stories....I just couldn't get into the main cast. The acting just felt...I dont know stiff?

The OG show is almost perfect, I have that and willing to try season 2 but unlike One Piece this show has something about it off for me and kept me bored more offend then interested

Reactions: saint.piss