Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could be totally wrong here, but I don't think you could fit a worthy family coaster in that spot. If DCA got a family coaster, it would probably have to be in one of the DL Forward spots.

Someone on WDWMagic pitched that if the Hyperion were to stay, an idea would be to put a scaled up version of the story time with Deadpool in the venue.
Yeah, I think this would be best

Make it a fun show where randoms characters can come in, add some music and dancing and think even if you can't fill up the whole 3 levels you can fill up the first 2 levels, I would assume fairly easily

The show is already somewhat random and based on the crowds reactions, all they would need to do is maybe every year update the storys he is reading or do like holiday versions to spice it up and I think would make most people happy

My controversial idea for the Broadway style theater is to put a Broadway style theater show in there.

EDIT: Hercules. Just do Hercules. Please.

Last edited:
My controversial idea for the Broadway style theater is to put a Broadway style theater show in there.

EDIT: Hercules. Just do Hercules. Please.

Just my two cents:

The current Parks division doesn’t have the same love for big stage shows the way management of old, did. And the prime location of the Hyperion makes me that they are ready to bulldoze it for another attraction.

I’d love to be wrong, but it just doesn’t seem to be Disney Parks’ thing anymore, unfortunately

Reactions: chris.g
Just my two cents:

The current Parks division doesn’t have the same love for big stage shows the way management of old, did. And the prime location of the Hyperion makes me that they are ready to bulldoze it for another attraction.

I’d love to be wrong, but it just doesn’t seem to be Disney Parks’ thing anymore, unfortunately
If they demo the Hyperion for Avengers Campus expansion, I wonder what heroes would get the next attraction. Perhaps something with the X-Men?

It is absolutely wild that fewer than 20 years ago the Aladdin show was the best thing DCA had going (okay, plus the alcohol) and now the company is so gun shy about spending the money on such an experience.
Seems like a general trend at both Disney and Universal to lessen the amount of live entertainment/shows and street actors. This is really disheartening since it negatively affects the overall enjoyment of a park day. Sometimes is just nice to sit down, relax and watch a 20 minute, or longer, show, instead of running from one 2 to 4 minute ride to another 2 to 4 minute ride.

Seems like a general trend at both Disney and Universal to lessen the amount of live entertainment/shows and street actors. This is really disheartening since it negatively affects the overall enjoyment of a park day. Sometimes is just nice to sit down, relax and watch a 20 minute, or longer, show, instead of running from one 2 to 4 minute ride to another 2 to 4 minute ride.

You’re right. Hate to say it, but some in management see that 20-30 mins you’re sitting down (and getting your money’s worth from a great show) as time you aren’t spending more money in the park. Management’s goal is to keep you reaching for your wallet for as many minutes as you can during your trip. Unless the attraction is a main draw to your park (USH Studio Tour, Waterworld) they really don’t like keeping you away from cash registers. You can even see this trend at USH which only has one long form stage show, now, and likely won’t add any more.

I will say, tho, that the Hyperion (probably under prior management) could’ve made a nice home for an interesting Marvel show. Wouldn’t have to be a musical. But imagine a Doctor Strange Multiverse show in there, with projections and effects and a real storyline! Think Bourne style, but with Doctor Strange, or a similar character.

I’d expect the theater to leave for expansion to Avengers Campus or future expansion for another project, sadly.

You’re right. Hate to say it, but some in management see that 20-30 mins you’re sitting down (and getting your money’s worth from a great show) as time you aren’t spending more money in the park. Management’s goal is to keep you reaching for your wallet for as many minutes as you can during your trip
Another controversial idea. This theater should have a lobby where you can buy, wait for it, snacks.

I don't know, their whole expectation that people will just lounge around in stores is just antithetical to how I've always done the parks. I think I've only ever bought a tchotchke from a theme park once (a Toothless plush).

Another controversial idea. This theater should have a lobby where you can buy, wait for it, snacks.

I don't know, their whole expectation that people will just lounge around in stores is just antithetical to how I've always done the parks. I think I've only ever bought a tchotchke from a theme park once (a Toothless plush).

I understand where you’re coming from, and I get how this can seem simple, but, there are so many more factors at play when they make these decisions. When you allow food/drink into the theater, you are now paying more people for clean up after each show, as well as the additional cost of storage, food waste and CM to staff the new snack stands—when they employ a ton of other people in those roles elsewhere in the park. They would have to now find them work elsewhere in the park, as well, in between shows.

It’s also not just about how you or I do the parks. Plenty of folks will spend hundreds of dollars a day at a park, or an event, and only experience a few attractions because their interests are different than yours, or mine.

The main point of my comment was to show what management sees as opportunities to make money. When you’re spending an hour on the whole to experience, say Aladdin (lining up early, waiting for showtime, filtering out) management sees that as potential revenue that is wasted. A show like Aladdin, or even Frozen, costs a lot to operate, has only a few showtimes per day and typically won’t draw more guests into the park. That’s why we saw Rogers the Musical as a limited time offering.

You’ve got to understand their main goal is to make as much money possible by spending the least amount possible, whilst delivering a satisfactory product for their paying customers.

In their mind, it is cheaper to have a ride running from park open to park close, and funnel people into a gift shop, than it is to hire actors, stagehands and more for 3-5 showings per day.

I’m with you on having a nice 20-30 min show where I can buy a snack in the lobby, sit back and enjoy it. That’s a great way to fill out the offerings of a park. But Team Disney doesn’t see it that way

Reactions: mccgavin