Bands, Brew, and BBQ 2014 | Inside Universal Forums

Bands, Brew, and BBQ 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Octobers Fade

DEAD inside
V.I.P. Member
Jul 10, 2010
NoRemorse Cemetery
Just announced: The Beach Boys will be performing at Busch Gardens' Bands, Brew & BBQ on February 15! Stay tuned and check back frequently as we announce the entire line-up for Bands, Brew BBQ 2014.

Nah me either, but it is free so...
Hope to see a few good acts this year, and not as frigid as last year, because there was nothing at BGT I wanted to see in 2013.

Well, it appears that some of the bands have finally figured out the Busch Gardens is owned by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

The Beach Boy's and Pat Benetar have now cancelled their performances at BBB - BGT.

Well, it appears that some of the bands have finally figured out the Busch Gardens is owned by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

The Beach Boy's and Pat Benetar have now cancelled their performances at BBB - BGT.

Further proof that the original cancellations were done not because the artists actually cared, but because their agents probably said they needed to do it for PR. Pretty sure any legal paperwork would have "SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment" somewhere on it even for Busch Gardens contracts, since that's the name of the larger company, so it isn't hard to figure out they're all one and the same. That it took their agents so long to figure it out doesn't look to smart for them, either.

BGT had a post up earlier today with the cancellations and blaming it on misinformed individuals. Looks like they took that statement down.

It is not a good idea for a public company to be calling or insinuating that people are misinformed individuals, minority activists, or cyber bullies. I'm sorry, but even if it is true, you just don't say that. Really bad PR.

I just came across that statement again. It's still out the if you look in the right places...

Dear Friends, Family and Business Partners I ask for your help! There is a misguided group of people who feel that cyber bullying, although shunned in High Schools, seems to be fine in other cases. They are rallying behind a false documentary loaded with lies and inaccurate assumptions. This irrational feeding frenzy is really just a clever ploy by the filmmakers to get it nominated for an award so that they can continue to make money. This loud group of misinformed people are now starting to affect your life by threatening major music artists who want to play Busch Gardens. Please take a moment to post, tweet and communicate any way you can that ‪#‎ISupportBuschGardens‬ and let these artists know that you support their courage to stand up for what is true. Visit https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardensTampa to share your support. Thank you for helping educate those who have become unwitting pawns in a clever ad campaign.

I just came across that statement again. It's still out the if you look in the right places...

Dear Friends, Family and Business Partners I ask for your help! There is a misguided group of people who feel that cyber bullying, although shunned in High Schools, seems to be fine in other cases. They are rallying behind a false documentary loaded with lies and inaccurate assumptions. This irrational feeding frenzy is really just a clever ploy by the filmmakers to get it nominated for an award so that they can continue to make money. This loud group of misinformed people are now starting to affect your life by threatening major music artists who want to play Busch Gardens. Please take a moment to post, tweet and communicate any way you can that ‪#‎ISupportBuschGardens‬ and let these artists know that you support their courage to stand up for what is true. Visit https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardensTampa to share your support. Thank you for helping educate those who have become unwitting pawns in a clever ad campaign.

That doesn't sound like it came from Busch Gardens. Sounds more like a fan statement than anything the park would post.

That doesn't sound like it came from Busch Gardens. Sounds more like a fan statement than anything the park would post.

Yeah, or that of an overly enthusiastic employee taking things a little too far. That does not read like an official park statement drawn up by the PR department for public release. At worse, its an internal memo that got posted publicly accidentally or leaked.

FB page
Update: We regret to announce that the Beach Boys and Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo have cancelled their performances at Bands, Brew & BBQ this year, but we respect their decision. We’re disappointed that there is a media controversy enacted by animal activists and based on misinformation. Bands, Brew & BBQ will continue and starts February 8. http://bit.ly/1dfbrdk

Now all of a sudden it's a problem... I have seen these acts at BGT were animals have always been present. Idiots.

I don't actually think it was a statement by the park. It was posted by an employee where I found it (although a fairly high ranking one...).