Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree 100%, but I doubt we will see a drop larger than 55-60% range. Some films, see Transformers: RotF, perform outstanding in the face of both critical and fan backlash. I can see BvS doing just that. And a point I don't think I saw brought up is how well the movie is playing with the 18 and under crowd. That demographic gave the film an A- Cinema Score, and with a lot of schools being on Spring Break this week into this weekend and no other big action film slated for release, that demographic could help support the film and keep the % drop from being too steep. ThemeParks4Life already pointed out how well it did yesterday, and that could be a trend we see all week and weekend.

It's gonna drop way more than 55-60 this weekend. Spring break is still going right now, so the weekday grosses will be more inflated than normal

It's pretty widely held that it's not as good as 5 or 6. I'm more concerned about the fact that he had this vision for a gritty throwback and 7 is what we got.

I mean, he did kind of have to deal with one of the 2 leads dying 1/2 way through filming.

Reactions: Fatality
It's gonna drop way more than 55-60 this weekend. Spring break is still going right now, so the weekday grosses will be more inflated than normal

Spring break is exactly why I don't see that big of a drop. Weekdays will be inflated, but so will Friday which is included in weekend grosses. Saturday should likewise do well. The only day we may see a bigger drop is Sunday with end of spring break travel, but if Friday is inflated enough, it could offset that drop.

I mean, he did kind of have to deal with one of the 2 leads dying 1/2 way through filming.

Paul Walker dying had nothing to do with the decision to have parachute cars.

That was pretty bad.

Saw it earlier in the day, my hopes weren't high going in, and throughout the film I found myself aski when this whole thing was going to be over. The action was pretty "meh", The title fight was pretty terrible and i'm still trying to understand exactly what happened throughout the film. I suppose I get it, but at the same time all the conflict seems kind of petty and forced. The resolution and ending left much to be desired, despite the fact I was fairly surprised about what happened there at the end...

The movie "mehs" it's way through over two hours, and two of the minutes from that two hours are a blatantly terrible excuse to put a "Justice League is coming" commercial without any of the finesse used in the films of that other universe.

Don't read me wrong though, the movie was bad though it did have some good things going for it. But it wasn't terrible. It wasn't Brick Mansions... Or even as big of a catastrophe as Transformers 2. But I'd rather watch Ultron or the first Captain twice in a row before going back to BvS. I'd probably watch it again before Ironman 3...

The movie suffers because it's attempt to be both a middle and a beginning.

It's trying to set up an entire world (most of it is half assed like the Justice league scene). But it also attempted to drop us into the middle of batman's and make us care about all the new characters. This could have been alleviated with a batman solo follow up to Man of Steel in between. Without that, like Kevin Smith said, it lacked any true heart.

Also, kudos to Smith for protecting his buddy Affleck by going out and "mehing" the movie. Loyalty for sure.

Reactions: youhow2
The movie suffers because it's attempt to be both a middle and a beginning.

It's trying to set up an entire world (most of it is half assed like the Justice league scene). But it also attempted to drop us into the middle of batman's and make us care about all the new characters. This could have been alleviated with a batman solo follow up to Man of Steel in between. Without that, like Kevin Smith said, it lacked any true heart.

Also, kudos to Smith for protecting his buddy Affleck by going out and "mehing" the movie. Loyalty for sure.

Affleck is the only person who will come out of this unscathed critically. Gadot and Irons were well-received but really Affleck carried this movie on his broad and muscle-bound back.

Reactions: Brian G.
Was with some "youngins" last night and they were positive on BvS (not as much as Deadpool) but one did tell a story about how the dude next to him had a stroke while watching the movie, proving this Snyder is actively trying to kill people. ;)

Something that I'd actually forgotten about, was that this movie was originally supposed to have been released last Summer, but Snyder asked for an 8 month extension to make sure it was perfect...

Also, does any sane person actually want an Aquaman movie? A 2 hour movie of a guy communicating on a deep level with fish.

Communicating.
With.
Fish.

Maybe if James Cameron was directing and Vinnie Chase was staring.

Reactions: amityboattours
Forget what I said earlier, yesterday wasn't kind to a lot of movies at the box office :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they fast tracked it to 2018.

Not sure what you mean, but it's been an awesome week at the movies. Highest weekday box office since Star Wars opened. It's spring break.

And they definitely won't be fast tracking Batman as they are filming two JL's this year and Wonder Woman and Aquaman. The earliest you'll see Batman is 2020.

Not sure what you mean, but it's been an awesome week at the movies. Highest weekday box office since Star Wars opened. It's spring break.

And they definitely won't be fast tracking Batman as they are filming two JL's this year and Wonder Woman and Aquaman. The earliest you'll see Batman is 2020.
Zootopia had a 22% drop when it never drops on Tuesdays, Deadpool had a Tuesday decrease when it hasn't had one since opening week, etc.

Zootopia had a 22% drop when it never drops on Tuesdays, Deadpool had a Tuesday decrease when it hasn't had one since opening week, etc.

Looking from Monday to Tuesday is not a good indicator. Many people had Monday off work. Therefor it would drop. If you look at overall daily totals this is the best week since Christmas break.

68% drop weekend-to-weekend. This is a huge drop but what makes it even worse is that literally had nothing else opening against it this week. Had a major film opened behind it (like in summer) it could've been up to a 75% drop off. It also slipped from #1 to #4 in China over the weekend: