Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BJ having less screen time is honestly a good thing heading in.

My biggest, biggest point of contention going into the sequel is how they handle the character. Beetlejuice is a truly heinous, scheming, dirty pest of an afterlife entity. Since the original film he's obviously morphed into a cultural phenomenon and pop icon. Very curious if he'll maintain that sharp edge he had in the original film or if he's dulled to the point where he's a more sanitized, friendly, de-fanged version of himself. Note that I haven't watched any trailers so if there's any indication one way or another in them I haven't been privy to them!

BJ having less screen time is honestly a good thing heading in.

My biggest, biggest point of contention going into the sequel is how they handle the character. Beetlejuice is a truly heinous, scheming, dirty pest of an afterlife entity. Since the original film he's obviously morphed into a cultural phenomenon and pop icon. Very curious if he'll maintain that sharp edge he had in the original film of if he's dulled to the point where he's a more sanitized, friendly, de-fanged version of himself. Note that I haven't watched any trailers so if there's any indication one way or another in them I haven't been privy to them!
Don't watch the musical then, lol

I did enjoy the musical but for sure that was written where he wasn't as much a villain

Yeah, the one thing I do trust is that Tim Burton is gonna do his own thing. That own thing isn't always good, of course, but I admire the commitment to the bit.

Don't watch the musical then, lol

I did enjoy the musical but for sure that was written where he wasn't as much a villain

Oh, I'm not saying one interpretation or the other is right or wrong, I'm just interested in what we get!

And I lowkey love the musical and honestly enjoy it more than the film!

Tim Burton has stated Beetlejuice has not been tainted by today's PC filters. He's the same as he was in the original

....with a hint of the cartoon hijinks

See but having a hint of cartoon hijinx could mean a pretty substantially different character.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
See but having a hint of cartoon hijinx could mean a pretty substantially different character.
No. Not at all. The first time Beetlejuice meets Lydia in the cartoon, he makes a reference to chainsawing her parents.

Also, you don't understand the context of the cartoon hijinx I'm referring to because you haven't watched any of the ttrailers. So you'll have to wait until you see the movie

As far as I’ve seen the character is a combination of the three iterations we’ve known. He runs a sleazy afterlife insurance company, burps and spills his guts (1989), shapeshifts more often (cartoon) and wants to help Lydia out (Musical). I’m all for that. About screen time, I remember all the character did because of his low screen time, making him very iconic and memorable as he steals the show. He’s like the Xenomorph from Alien