Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You can't enclose the FFL arena and still do pyrotechnics. That's a big fire code no no.

Maybe we can get WaterWorld :D

Coming from a firefighter/ inspector, yes you can. Ever see some of the big concerts like Trans Siberian Orchestra or some of the big hair bands from the 80s and 90s? There are a lot of pyro that can be done in enclosed bldgs. Matter of fact Paul Oneil who promotes TSO has publically said hell never go back to the UCF Arena because he cant bring his full arsenal of lights and pyro.

New Beetlejuice is *rough.* Same woman who proposed the traveling "hordes" for HHN 22. Nice enough, but can't seem to write a larger scale show too well. Stage is far too crowded, script is whittled down, songs are random.

Reactions: SeventyOne
New Beetlejuice is *rough.* Same woman who proposed the traveling "hordes" for HHN 22. Nice enough, but can't seem to write a larger scale show too well. Stage is far too crowded, script is whittled down, songs are random.
New as in how new? Prior to last October?

Coming from a firefighter/ inspector, yes you can. Ever see some of the big concerts like Trans Siberian Orchestra or some of the big hair bands from the 80s and 90s? There are a lot of pyro that can be done in enclosed bldgs. Matter of fact Paul Oneil who promotes TSO has publically said hell never go back to the UCF Arena because he cant bring his full arsenal of lights and pyro.

Maybe it has to do with dimensions or ventilation? My understanding is that they can't do pyro in the soundstages. I thought it was because it's fully enclosed.

Maybe it has to do with dimensions or ventilation? My understanding is that they can't do pyro in the soundstages. I thought it was because it's fully enclosed.
Not necessarily. What it could be is the authority having jurisdiction basically the fire marshal for a given area. For example if universal wanting to have certain pyrotechnics in a soundstage for a given event the authority having jurisdiction might require certain safety safeguards to be put in place that makes it cost prohibitive. They might require things like fireguard or certain distances that make things impractical. They would probably also require a demonstration to show what they're going to do isn't going to hurt someone. Then the final hurdle is jumping through any legal hoops that the legal beagles come up with. In the end for say 7 or 10 days worth of shows it may not be worth it

Reactions: graspthesun
Not necessarily. What it could be is the authority having jurisdiction basically the fire marshal for a given area. For example if universal wanting to have certain pyrotechnics in a soundstage for a given event the authority having jurisdiction might require certain safety safeguards to be put in place that makes it cost prohibitive. They might require things like fireguard or certain distances that make things impractical. They would probably also require a demonstration to show what they're going to do isn't going to hurt someone. Then the final hurdle is jumping through any legal hoops that the legal beagles come up with. In the end for say 7 or 10 days worth of shows it may not be worth it

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also, the sound stages have pretty hardcore ventilation systems which an recycle all the air in the soundstage in minutes, specifically intended for pyro use so they can reset for a shot quickly. I can't remember how many minutes but I believe it was south of 20 minutes.

Just a thought but would Universal spend time and money to redo a show, then close it 2 years later? Just thinking from the money side and not knowing how much they spent on the new BJ show, but could the show have paid itself off in 2 years? I would think that someone would want to at least recoup the show cost before dismantling it.

Are you arguing for the use of pyro in Bill & Ted's? Because that can go.. it's literally pointless. Or do you mean it's use in Fear Factor.. because that whole things needs to go, period.

Just a thought but would Universal spend time and money to redo a show, then close it 2 years later?

Yes, it is something Universal under Comcast would do these days. They are already doing it. While they do not want to waste money, they want these parks ship shape at all times when possible and if necessary. It is what WDW used to do once upon a long time ago, yet does a lot less of these days.

Are you arguing for the use of pyro in Bill & Ted's? Because that can go.. it's literally pointless. Or do you mean it's use in Fear Factor.. because that whole things needs to go, period.
Pyro is kind of an important part of Bill & Ted, finales would be the same without it.