Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Beetlejuice Revue to Get Updated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We'll have a full pic report later tonight.

In short, it is an improvement over the previous version, but there is definitely some flaws.

I'm sad that I'm disappointed with what they've done. I loved the old old show, the old show wasn't terrible either except for hip n hop, I was really hoping for something great with the new one. I like the idea of Cleo, but I hate the rap she does, makes me cringe its awful. Some of the song choices are very odd. As others have said its like they've replaced old songs, with old and more obscure ones. Surely the whole point of this type of show is that people know the songs well so can sing a long and boogie with the cast? I also agree that Beetlejuice is absent far too much, yeah his jokes were cheesy but that's what I loved about it.

I found the full show on YouTube. Not going to lie, I really love the new high energy show. My only change would be to add some more jokes.

[video=youtube;ZnDBXJ1a83I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnDBXJ1a83I[/video]

yeah this is definitely a better show than the other one. this one felt more entertaining and the song list was really great.

This change was a good change. I like it a lot

After watching I have a few thoughts

1) This feels more family oriented, i.e. I would take my son or daughter to see it..
2) The show is trying hard to break from the cheese ball formula, but doesn't get there completely
3) A lighting upgrade is needed for the stadium
4) It would be nice for a bit of a story line to make the show feel more cohesive..

So the show is an improvement...I still think that this show needs to be killed and replaced with a show that focuses on music from different movies and Broadway (Hairspray, Rent, Shrek Musical, Wicked, etc)...This show isn't the big wow that Universal needs..it screams old Universal to me (which may be why everyone likes it)..I feel it needs to be done away with, you can only update something so much..if this show were a car it would have new tires and a paint job, but a shot transmission

I agree with some of the comments. Its actually called something like Beetlejuices Graveyard Mashup! I like the mashup idea, it makes classic songs more current. I like the idea that most of the show is ensemble with multiple or all monsters singing parts of the songs. There needs to be a better opening explaining the Mashup theme because there's no cohesive story line. The lighting and effects are very old universal and outdated. The performers work hard so I will not be commenting on that. But this is my biggest problem with this version and the last version of the show.... tell me if you agree.

THIS TYPE OF REVUE SHOW IS DONE AT EVERY SIX FLAGS, CEDAR FAIR, AND LOCAL AMUSEMENT PARK ACROSS THE COUNTRY. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT SORT OF LOOK LIKE THE MONSTERS DOESN'T MAKE THIS SHOW ANY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER CRAPPY REVUE SHOW AT YOUR LOCAL PARK. UNIVERSAL IS A WORLD CLASS THEME PARK AND THIS TYPE OF SHOW DOES NOT LIVE UP TO THAT EXPECTATION AND SHOULD NOT EVEN BE THERE!!!!! IT SHOULD ALWAYS START WITH THE STORY AND THERE IS NONE!!! UNIVERSAL SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAD AN OUTSIDE COMPANY DESIGN IT FOR THEM.

Hello everyone.1st post ever and will start off by saying me and my wife enjoyed this version much better than the old 1.I gotta say there are a few very easy fixes to make this show really stand out and they are lighting and better sound person.I use to own my lighting company and ran lights for a lot of major acts on tour.The use of fog and lasers and some yoke lighting would really help this show a lot.think they could also inclose the theatre for no light came in from outside would help with atmosphere aswell.A good sound person can make anyone sound great and Cleo could use that help some.I just found that they pretty much kept the sound equalized the same for whole show.This was just my take away from show and how easy it could be to make it even better and pretty cheap to achieve also.

i think adding Cleo was a great thing. The group needed the mummy represented in the show. That is really cool. I love the outfit she has too. same with the phantom. I loved that

Unfortunately, the timeline and budget for this project didn't allow for lasers, much less enclosing the building. And I know the sound board ops, they are talented professionals but no one (not even Mr. Autotune himself) could make Cleo sound good...

Seth I have been lurking on the boards for awhile and respect and enjoy your inputs.I wasn't trying to disrespect your friends running sound and the problem could be very well what they have to work with but that being said I still think the sound is terrible.I would like to compare Beetle Juice to a concert of your favorite artist.You go and watch and most of the time you really enjoy the music but its that stage productions that send you home saying what a great show and this is what I think Beattle Juice lacks.I don't know how you would feel about this idea but here it goes.Change the name to Beatle Juice and the Monsters Rock Show with songs from def leppard,AC/DC,Bon Jovi,Ozzy,GNR,Queen mashed up.Make the stage into a graveyard or some kind of Eerie set.Enclose the theatre to be more inside feeling.Use lases,yokes,and cans for lighting with fog.Put in surround sound around theatre aswell as lights also with follow spot.Bring dancers into the audience some and I think this would be a great show talked about a lot.Now I know you said it was also a budget problem aswell but thought this idea would work and bring a great return aswell.Anyways just my opinion but still enjoy your inputs so keep it up.

I don't see this show being better or worse then the last one. It's ok and I'm glad they changed the songs and added some cast. That doesn't make it a great, not to miss show but it's ok.
Take the unbearable sh!t fest that is the Fear Factor show. I would rather Universal would do something else with that stadium then tweaking Beetelejuice. Or the snoozefest that Animal Actors is.
The only show I really like at Universal is the Horror and Make up show. It's a great comedy show and I always try to see that show when I visit the park.
Why not make a real show, story and all? The Grinch is awesome so they are capable...

The Grinch is awesome so they are capable...

That is a great point. I have not seen the new Beetle live, but have watched the video. I think the new version is a little better simply because the songs needed upgrading. But other than that nothing really that ground breaking.

Just saw the new version today...the pacing is better, the Bride's voice talent sounded way better than the previous versions...Cleo and Pantasia were smokin' hot...but both lacked serious strength and quality in their voices. I like that there's more to the cast, but think the ghost/ghoul dancers looked kinda lame.

This show needs more Beetlejuice comedy, and a much better finale. Ballroom Blitz was so anti-climactic.

I don't know how you would feel about this idea but here it goes.Change the name to Beatle Juice and the Monsters Rock Show with songs from def leppard,AC/DC,Bon Jovi,Ozzy,GNR,Queen mashed up.Make the stage into a graveyard or some kind of Eerie set.

Uhm, you know the last show featured mash-ups of Shot Through the Heart/Heartbreaker and You Shook Me All Night Long/Thiller, right? And was set in a graveyard? Although I guess the new set is also supposed to be a graveyard. In any case, you still need some sort of story to keep people's attention for 25 minutes.

Uhm, you know the last show featured mash-ups of Shot Through the Heart/Heartbreaker and You Shook Me All Night Long/Thiller, right? And was set in a graveyard? Although I guess the new set is also supposed to be a graveyard. In any case, you still need some sort of story to keep people's attention for 25 minutes.

I think the high energy is keeping peoples attention. In all the shows I've seen I haven't seen anyone leave during the new show. During the previous one I would always notice people leaving.

Last edited:
Just saw the new version today...the pacing is better, the Bride's voice talent sounded way better than the previous versions...Cleo and Pantasia were smokin' hot...but both lacked serious strength and quality in their voices. I like that there's more to the cast, but think the ghost/ghoul dancers looked kinda lame.

This show needs more Beetlejuice comedy, and a much better finale. Ballroom Blitz was so anti-climactic.
?
Did you see the show with same Fantasia as the video posted here? I say that because the fantasia in the video has quite the powerhouse voice.

I saw it in person on Wednesday and didn't come away that impressed. It wasn't horrible, but not something that stands out. Cleo was super hot, so that was nice...

Gave it a second chance yesterday. Pretty sure a few one-liners have been inserted--one actually got a chuckle out of me. Rest were not funny, but not cheesy enough and too rushed to be groan-inducing.

Same Cleo, she still can't sing. Not sure if it was the same Phantasia, but she was autotuned up and her not-so-great voice still came through. Drac was technically proficient, but sort of lifeless (no pun intended). Wolfie and Frankie (yeah, Frankie) were both in great voice, tho, and had a lot of stage presence--as much as you can have with close to a dozen people on such a small stage.

Dry day, but ghost dancers only came into the audience for the final number. Seems a wasted opportunity.

If only Brazilian parents could understand the innuendo (or even the word "innuendo") in "Feed My Frankenstein."

Reactions: HarleenQuinzel94