Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

Feb 15, 2012
242EEC72-48F2-44A2-AA94-167795532F9F.jpeg

Universal Orlando Close Up | New Bigfire Restaurant Brings Fireside Dining to Universal CityWalk

Bigfire, a new Universal Orlando restaurant, set to open in CityWalk this Summer | Inside Universal

At the heart of the venue will be a custom wood fire grill that will allow guests to see their meal being prepared from anywhere in the restaurant. And for the first time at Universal Orlando, each dish will be expertly paired with the perfect type of wood to bring out the smoky goodness in each bite. From Cherrywood to Pecanwood and more, the pairings will add bold flavors to the American classic dishes and unique entrees, including a signature bison burger, coffee, chili and cocoa rubbed top sirloin, delectable freshwater trout, mouth-watering smoked salads and more.

Excited for this, but why a new thread? Why not rename the old one like with most other projects? That's 10 pages of discussion lost now.

Because it’s full of rumors and speculation. It’ll still be there - but now with an announcement and details, we can streamline the discussion now.

That’s how it’s always been, and how it’ll always be.

Oh. Sorry. Didn't realize. That wasn't the case for the Hagrid thread or the Today Cafe thread. But your site, your rules, no worries!

In some cases, there are exemptions. Today Cafe only had a few pages of discussion before the announcement so we decided to leave it. (Plus, it was pretty much immediately known what the replacement was gonna be)

With Hagrid, we knew the ride would be Potter-related, and a coaster - so the discussion didn’t really go beyond that.

I love the theme, it looks like it will have some great food, but I'm not sure that they made the exterior really scream cozy lodge to me? Do you think they shifted focus during construction?

The inside looks like it has a canoe, oars, firewood under the steps, a wall of lanterns, and a tree branch chandelier. Pretty cool that they have that much detail in there

Aww, man. A restaurant near me used to have the best baked Alaska until it closed down. I hope they knock it out the park with that. Regardless of how full I feel, i will order that every time.

There is the announcement, did I miss the opening last week? ;)
I love everything about it. I love the building that, just like the rest has a theme of it's own and because of that looks like a unique destination. I love it has smoked meat. I love it's unique in that it is not a chain and/or a celebrity restaurant. And I love the added second level, making better use of the space and it will have a very nice view.

Weird, looks like they (Universal) pulled the announcement off the website, facebook AND twitter. Anyone know what's up with that?
Could've just been an early announcement? Or there could've been something factually wrong in the article? Or just a super weird technical glitch (I'm assuming they have a program that posts all this stuff at predetermined times and could probably pull it off just as easily)

It was up for so long (multiple articles were written) so this seems super weird.