Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

That’s unfortunate. Sounds like you had a terrible server that lied to you at least twice. I’d be pretty upset. Every restaurant since the invention of money can split a check. And I’m sure they could’ve swapped out a “garnish” for you if they cared.
I even asked if they'd do a swap for allergy reasons, and he doubled down. I'd rather not pay $26 bucks for an entree and not get one of the two sides that comes with it. If it's a smaller portion of coleslaw, then replace it with a smaller portion of something else. It's pretty simple.

I really wanted to enjoy it. The decor is simple and tasteful, the soundtrack was good, but the food and service left entirely too much to be desired.

I just ate here for the first time a few days ago...I thought it was great and a nice alternative to the other places around..We will be visiting again!

We ate here last night, and I really enjoyed it.

I got the pork chop. It was incredibly well cooked. Ordered medium, and came exactly right. Wasn’t too complicated, just lightly seasoned and fired. Plus, nice grilled veggies and some taters.

Also had the smoked bourbon which went really well with the chop.

We ate there last week and I think it is still a little bit inconsistent.

We got the pork belly mac and cheese and it only had 2 microscopic pieces of pork belly in it.

We also got the beer glazed scallops and the glaze was amazing, but the bread that came with it was stale/overcooked.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice and different from any other place in CityWalk, but the service was kind of slow (we never got offered a water refill).

We will definitely go back for our next trip, but I think it still has some issues that will probably be worked out in time.

We ate last time we were there - I enjoyed the bread, and I thought the burger was good - I can't say it's the best in CityWalk, but it's at least a nice change from all the other burgers. My husband got the ribeye, and although he thought it was cooked well, wasn't a personal fan of the wood mix used.

Interestingly though, when they bring you a new glass of soda, they take the old one, regardless if there is anything still in it. Apparently it's a policy. No where else in CityWalk did that though.

Good to hear their opening hiccups have disappeared. This seems to be one of the least reviewed restaurants in CitiWalk. Heck, I had even forgotten it was there now, until today's post.
It's the least fussy of all the restaurants tbh. I could see this being a summer option when the other places are swamped. I will say that I enjoyed the vibe and food was great

Went back last night (to the bar) for dinner when HHN just too crowded. Best steak I've ever had? No, not really. But easily the best steak I've had under $30. Fire-roasted veggies are great as well Having sat downstairs this time, the ambiance is still "we removed just enough stuff from the old place that Emeril won't sue us." And I swear the rather loud background loop is just the manager's iPod on shuffle, it is completely random songs from the 60 to the 80s. But for food, hard to do better in CityWalk.

Went back last night (to the bar) for dinner when HHN just too crowded. Best steak I've ever had? No, not really. But easily the best steak I've had under $30. Fire-roasted veggies are great as well Having sat downstairs this time, the ambiance is still "we removed just enough stuff from the old place that Emeril won't sue us." And I swear the rather loud background loop is just the manager's iPod on shuffle, it is completely random songs from the 60 to the 80s. But for food, hard to do better in CityWalk.

If it’s not too crowded I enjoy the bar seating a lot, you get giant windows to CityWalk waterfall and more to look at. My problem with CityWalk now is a majority of the places are various levels of bar food: Bigfire, Cowfish, NBC, Hard Rock, Toothsome, Margaritaville, Bubba Gumps etc. Only unique options seem to be Antojitos and Vivo.

If it’s not too crowded I enjoy the bar seating a lot, you get giant windows to CityWalk waterfall and more to look at. My problem with CityWalk now is a majority of the places are various levels of bar food: Bigfire, Cowfish, NBC, Hard Rock, Toothsome, Margaritaville, Bubba Gumps etc. Only unique options seem to be Antojitos and Vivo.
I mean, it's good bar food, but yeah, it's bar food. I'd almost like to see an Asian place of some type take a place of one of the nightclubs, or even Bubba Gump; picture a restaurant loosely themed to Kung Fu Panda, CityWalk's equivalent to Jock Lindsey's at Disney Springs.

I'm guessing that Big Fire isn't packing them in like they hoped. I see that it is included in the 50% TM discount for the holidays this year, along with Toothsome (for the first time). Looking forward to trying it at half price with a TM as a +1!

I'm guessing that Big Fire isn't packing them in like they hoped. I see that it is included in the 50% TM discount for the holidays this year, along with Toothsome (for the first time). Looking forward to trying it at half price with a TM as a +1!

Wouldn’t read too much into it, a CM friend and I went to Napa Rose with 50%. They’re just very generous with their discounts.

I mean, it's good bar food, but yeah, it's bar food. I'd almost like to see an Asian place of some type take a place of one of the nightclubs, or even Bubba Gump; picture a restaurant loosely themed to Kung Fu Panda, CityWalk's equivalent to Jock Lindsey's at Disney Springs.

You say they need to 1-up Jock Lindsey's Disney Springs, but I think they should do their own version of Trader Sam's (tiki bar). They have enough IP to wrap it into for the vibe like The Mummy, Kong, and even Jurassic Park if you focused on the dig site as a stretch.

Heck, they even have one of the designers of Trader Sam's on staff at Universal already.

Last edited: