Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bill and Ted Speculation: HHN 22

Jakemeister

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2008
Central, Fl
Was wondering what you guys would think would be in the show this year. Sure there is plenty more time for more viral videos, and pop culture phenomenons but here is what we're working with so far. The bolded items are lock-ins.

John Carter bombing
The 2012 Mayan Prophecies
Mitt Romney and Barack Obama
Everything getting a 3D remake
The Dictator
Men In Black 3
Spiderman
Dark Knight Rises

Prometheus
Snow White
Battleship
Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Hunger Games
The Lorax

21 Jump Street
3 Stooges

I still don't get why people hate it. I enjoyed it quite a bit last year.

While I definitely think it goes through it's ups and downs it's

A. Not nearly as bad as it was last year
B. Even when it's bad it's still okay
C. Only as good as a decent year in pop culture

Right now as far as viral goes we have little, and although that might not sound like much in the past view years those have been some of the funniest parts of the show. Rebecca Black, Honey Badger, and Antoine Dodson were all hilarious to me.

As far as music is concerned I think we can expect

We Are Young-Fun
We Found Love-Rihanna
LMFAO
Adele
Avicci
Skrillex

I still don't get why people hate it. I enjoyed it quite a bit last year.

My eyes opened in 2008 when I realized damn near every joke in that years Bill and Teds was twin to the film, "Meet the Spartans." "Scary Movie," "Epic Movie," Date Movie..." it's all the same brand of humor as this show. And I really hate that brand of humor. They don't even parody anymore. Last year it was all, "uh oh, here comes Nikki and Brittany!" Instead of telling us who those actors are meant to represent, a good parody would show it and in a far more comical fashion. Conan the Barbarian was the only noteworthy parody of the 2011, in my opinion. I guess what I'm getting at is that B&T has gotten too comfortable using too cheap of jokes. Too low-brow for my taste.

My eyes opened in 2008 when I realized damn near every joke in that years Bill and Teds was twin to the film, "Meet the Spartans." "Scary Movie," "Epic Movie," Date Movie..." it's all the same brand of humor as this show. And I really hate that brand of humor. They don't even parody anymore. Last year it was all, "uh oh, here comes Nikki and Brittany!" Instead of telling us who those actors are meant to represent, a good parody would show it and in a far more comical fashion. Conan the Barbarian was the only noteworthy parody of the 2011, in my opinion. I guess what I'm getting at is that B&T has gotten too comfortable using too cheap of jokes. Too low-brow for my taste.

I agree with you to a certain extent, we haven't seen a phenomenal Bill and Ted in a long while. Best years for me were 2006 and 2009. However, you can think their competitors down the street for really hitting the show and making them scale back. They worry about legal repercussions far to extensively now, and for decent reasons.

The only SURE bet is Romney and Barrack Obama.
Yes the Show has sucked the last 3 years because of the lawsuit issues but that is neither here nor there.
I would almost Bet some Hunger Game Reference.
What about The Avengers.
We will see Catwoman
as for that I am not sure.

- Definitely agree on apocalyptic prophecies/2012, Obama/Romney, Hunger Games, Dark Knight Rises (especially Bane), Avengers.
- Also agree, Kony 2012 is very likely.
- Maybe Madonna and her Superbowl halftime show, since Lady Gaga has been out of the limelight lately.
- Maybe Breaking Dawn. They've been doing Twilight consistently, and with the last movie coming out at the end of this year, I'd say they'll feature them on buzz alone.
- Maybe Jersey Shore cast and Snooki pregnant.
- Maybe the return of PUNK'd.
- Then we also have to wait and see what other movies make a mark this summer.

I agree with you to a certain extent, we haven't seen a phenomenal Bill and Ted in a long while. Best years for me were 2006 and 2009. However, you can think their competitors down the street for really hitting the show and making them scale back. They worry about legal repercussions far to extensively now, and for decent reasons.

Not even. Disney threatened to sue over their use of Davy Jones and Sparrow because Uni didn't parody them. They simply had them monologue as their characters would.

You guys completely forgot The Avengers, and how much fun they could have making fun of them owned by Disney :lol:

Not even. Disney threatened to sue over their use of Davy Jones and Sparrow because Uni didn't parody them. They simply had them monologue as their characters would.

That's legitimately what I meant. If Universal has a REALLY strong year then they might have a decent Bill and Ted. I thought they were going in a new direction in 2009, I legitimately liked that show, but it seems that they're back in a similar rut.