Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bill and Ted Speculation: HHN 22

Well I would think they could make fun of whatever they wanted really...they made fun of Pirates of the Carribean..but yes Disney does indeed have the contract..I think

That's actually the problem--they DIDN'T make fun of PotC. They simply had a dead ringer for Capt. Jack Sparrow (better than any I've seen in WDW) reciting lines in Sparrow's character using a close approximation of Johnny Depp's voice to advance the plot of their show. It's hard to argue that was a "parody" rather than just using the original character.

The trend now seems to be using characters who are clearly parodies, to avoid any potential confusion (or lawsuits). Instead of Capt. America in the stars and stripes, Capt. Mexicano in green and red. An overweight, grumpy "post-marriage" Edward. Smurfette in the movies is 3 apples high and sounds like a perky Katie Perry? Make her 5'11" and have her talk in a sultry, Marilyn voice. Changes so that the characters are still recognizable but not so much that anyone could actually believe they are the original.

It's not as much of an issue with real people--ok, technically "public figures"--because it's a lot harder for a living person to sue over something like this than the owner of a copyrighted character. Hence Anthony Weiner, Sarah Palin, Paul Revere...

USH Just posted on Facebook.

" Tell us, what’s your favorite movie of 2012? Bill and Ted will be back, and we want to know which movie you want to see immortalized on stage! Psst… if you resemble a celebrity or current pop culture icon, stop by the audition next week. "

USH Just posted on Facebook.

" Tell us, what’s your favorite movie of 2012? Bill and Ted will be back, and we want to know which movie you want to see immortalized on stage! Psst… if you resemble a celebrity or current pop culture icon, stop by the audition next week. "

Just send them a link to this thread.
:thumbs:

Umm....yea...this will be in the show this year:look::pound:

[video=youtube;V_Qrt1k8qHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Qrt1k8qHo&feature=share[/video]

My response to that "person"

iULstZ8rOuvRg.gif

Can you imagine if Comcast would use their resources and have Seth Mcfarlane have some sort of input into the show?

Or even some of his writers would be amazing....THEN we would have our old Bill and Ted back the way it used to be.

TED was a Universal film as was SnowWhite. Also I forgot to mention Bath Salts.....

Plus, Bill & Ted & Ted frankly writes itself. Too bad they can't be as foul-mouthed as Ted can be - I imagine he'll appear as a puppet, similar to the Count in 2010.

Or similar to when they did Peter Griffin and Stewey at 15 or 16 (again years are a blur to me anymore) But the last really good Bill and Ted year. Oh that is why the show is so bad now it writes it's self. That does make sense.

Or similar to when they did Peter Griffin and Stewey at 15 or 16 (again years are a blur to me anymore) But the last really good Bill and Ted year. Oh that is why the show is so bad now it writes it's self. That does make sense.

I only started attending in 08, but I felt the show was fairly solid that year - and the parts I remember were the character "mash-ups." Having a parody of character do its own thing is pretty formulaic and boring but can garner a chuckle occasionally - it's when you start pairing completely random characters together in comical situations that the show (or any show) becomes entertaining. The scene that sticks out most to me was the Sweeney Todd and Sex & The City Girls pair-up (opening weekend, pre-censored version). That was hilarious. (So was pinball Iron/Tinman, but, you know...)

The show's been dumbed down in terms of content, quality of writing, choreography, and stunt work - was 08 the last time someone actually used a harness to "fly" around the stage?